• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New CUCV owner, several questions: 1st is trailer hitch

ehuppert

So, after retireing from the military, getting married, selling my house, and now starting on the next house i decided it was time for another 4x4/plow truck. Currently have a 82 2x 1 ton dually (which i converted from a blown 6.2 to a SBC years ago) Have had this vehicle almost 15 years and it's a towing and hauling MONSTER. But, the new property has a 800 ft driveway, the tractor and plow isn't going to cut it.

Picked up a CUCV on Ebay a couple of months ago and finally had it delivered via flat bed last week. Must admit, i am extremely happy with the structural integrity and lack of rust! Gas conversion had been started when municipality owned it apx five years ago, hasn't been driven since then. Not as happy with the wiring and overall shoddy workmanship, but i can straighten that out!

Anyway, will save ongoing issues for other posts.

Going to need a trailer hitch! Don't beleive the current pintle hook and associated brackets are going to work with a standard hitch.

Thoughts?

Eric

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey ehuppert, what part of upstate NY are you in? Welcome to the SS site!

AJMBLAZER

My thread there is the way to do it if you or someone you know have fab skills. Otherwise a civilian hitch will bolt on but you have to cut up the rear shackle and pintle hitch braces to do it. They can be rerouted but regardless you'll be doing fab work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks