• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Deuce Win...

alphadeltaromeo

I was also able to secure a winning bid on a 2.5T. Once I actually have it in possession, I'll change my signature line (looking forward to that). This is a unit from the LA group (Pineville). I'm trusting that it doesn't have water damage...doesn't appear to, but I surely didn't inspect. With that said, though, it will provide a wonderful project for my sons and I regardless.

On the journey to "harvest" the 2.5T, I'll be sure to journal w/pics the trip.

Andy

Pics below:

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Outstanding!!

Congratulations Andy. For that price, even if it is a flood victim, it will be a good parts donor for another truck or you can sell the parts and make your money back. So I'd say you did pretty good.

If you need help recovering it, let me know.

alphadeltaromeo

Many thanks guys! I had forgotten to list the winning bid: $865.00. The winning bid is really the only reason I was able to purchase one at this time. I would have had to wait until I had secured more funding to move forward. If it runs...I'll be quite a happy camper indeed. I'll definitely holla when it's time to go pick it up and very much appreciate the willingness to assist. The SS family of MVrs is really great.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Keep us posted. I'd love to know it was one of the flood victims. I hope not for your sake. $865 is a terrific price. I would assume the price was so low because others might have felt it was in the flood. Good luck! She's a beauty.

Bruce
Olney, MD
---------

1991 M149A2
1990 M105A2
1989 M932A2
1989 M925A2
1988 M977
1988 M105A2
1987 M1045
1987 M105A2
1985 M1009 (3)
1970 M149A2 (for sale)
1964 M128A2C
1963 M332 (3)

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I would assume the price was so low because others might have felt it was in the flood.
:ditto:

alphadeltaromeo

:ditto:

However...I'll be grinnin' from ear to ear if I am correct about the vehicle not being a flood victim. At any rate, I'll be sure to keep the group updated regardless...pics and all.

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
Congrats,

I bought one back at the end of October and am still waiting on the EUC to process. I hope your's goes through quicker. The waiting is killing me.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Andy, that's a different truck than the one I reviewed for you right? I can tell you all right now it's not a flood victim. When the batch of flood trucks came out I noticed a unique thing about every one of them I looked at online. Check out the lug nuts and studs. Because alot of that is bare steel, it was very bright red with rust on the lugnuts and studs. Every single one I looked at was that way. Matt in Live Oak bought a flood truck so when he gets it, we'll see how bad they are. IIRC, even the flood trucks from the previous sale went higher than that. I'm pretty darned confident that I'm right on this one. You got a good deal man! Now, load up them kids!

alphadeltaromeo

Actually, I don't quite recall if it is or isn't (getting old). I know it's one of the ones that I posted "Assistance desired tomorrow...". As you can imagine...the more I think about and talk about this new truck, I'm very much looking forward to getting it. I am interested to see pics and get details on that flood truck that Matt purchased. Actually, I'm sure the entire SS group is for that matter rofl

The kids and Carrie are excited for me...it's my Christmas present. If you've ever watched that old show "Combat"...one of my fav growing up...well, when rdixiemiller came over and gave the kids a ride in his 2.5, all of them said "it felt like we were in Combat!". They loved it and are just as thrilled to get it as am I.

westfolk

Shoot at that price even if it is a flood truck still a decent deal for a complete parts truck.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That truck does look good. It sure is a good thing it has Troop Seats. ADR, of all the members here You can use them! Good luck with your "NEW" truck! [thumbzup]

alphadeltaromeo

We certainly saw a huge delta in the deals...not that I have direct experience there. But from the comments thus far...it's probably fairly accurate.

Good looking truck ADR, and for the price :shock: ya made a killing. Have you no shame? :lol:

It's good to see you get a conversational piece that you can share your exploits with. I can just imagine you and the kids sitting around Christmas morning staring at the picture of your truck under the tree. Everyone has a long face........"when is it coming home daddy?".

I know the wait killed me. When I finally got mine I had goose bumps the size of golf balls.

Congrats and Merry Christmas.

alphadeltaromeo

Thanks much again. I certainly don't feel shame with getting a great deal...I shop after T-Day for just that reason *wink* hehe - with all the taxes I've rendered, I think I won a good deal...ok, an incredible deal.

I am already getting the "whenzit comin' home dad?" routine. I check the EUC status daily on it of course. Not that I'm eager or anything (even thought site says give it at least 7 days) :wink:

Merry Christmas to you as well!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks