• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New From Evansville Indiana/Charleston SC

Willem

I am considering looking for a small military vehicle along the lines of an Army jeep or Pinzgauer. I split my time between my small condo in Evansville, Indiana and a home on Edisto Island, South Carolina about 40 miles from Charleston.

On Edisto, I have the room and the time to enjoy such a vehicle. I plan to putter around with it, drive it around the beach and the "jungle" areas and back and forth from occasional trips to Charleston, Beaufort and Walterboro. Doubtful I will be real aggressive off road, but if I get a Pinzgauer it will likely travel up and down some logging roads and marshy hunting trails.

I will try not to ask too many stupid questions here without at least searching the forums first. But forgive me if I slip up occasionally in my zeal to get a firsthand answer to my inquires.

Not sure I would be going the full restoration/collectors route unless I stumble on a great example. I will probably do some modifications like electronic ignition, performance tires, add-on lighting, etc. Or not -- only time will tell...

Thanks in advance for the great info and interaction I hope to get (and someday hopefully contribute) to this forum. For now, I will probably do a lot of "lurking" in the shadows until I feel more comfortable around here.

Thanks,

Will

hdexpert

Welcome Will, this is an excellent site with lots of helpfull members. Don't worry too much about asking stupid questions, we've all done it!! Good luck and keep us updated.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
welcome from michigan
the only stupid question is one not ask and you have found the right place to get the correct answers good luck on your search

glcaines

Welcome to Steel Soldiers. A great bunch of guys and a lot of good information. In a previous life, I used to spend a lot of time in Evansville.

jimm1009

From a guy born in Evansville, your wife or girlfriend will disagree way before your wallet.
Get prepared for disagreements from most sides but DO NOT give in.
You MUST have an MV, you NEED to have an MV.
Just reherse that line and it will get easier to take the plung!
Oh, and since you have two places to live you have to have an MV at both locations. Perhaps a M1009 or older M38 in Evansville at the smaller home and a 2.5 ton or 5 ton out east.
lol

jimm1009 :)

PS; Indiana is a state where you do not need a license plate for a former military vehicle although it registered.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks