• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New From Washington State.Deuce Advice needed

rivired

Hello all,i just put some money down with a guy who has 4 deuce's for sale..Now i can make up my mind between these two,there both in likewise condition in general,however one has a rebuilt in 1992 D-motor,And the other is a C-motor rebuilt in 1982..and i just LOVE the sound on the whistler trucks..any advice,can an obtained c turbo be put on a D motor?.thanks in advance to any input
-Dean

Alex400

Hello all,i just put some money down with a guy who has 4 deuce's for sale..Now i can make up my mind between these two,there both in likewise condition in general,however one has a rebuilt in 1992 D-motor,And the other is a C-motor rebuilt in 1982..and i just LOVE the sound on the whistler trucks..any advice,can an obtained c turbo be put on a D motor?.thanks in advance to any input
-Dean
i have been watching those for months just not in the market right now for one. good luck. what part of washington are you from?

OD_Coyote

-Dean
Welcome rivired!!!
FWIW - I like the C turbo myself, but I would drive both trucks and see which one runs down the road the best, if you have not already.
Also, what is the condition of the sheet metal/paint on both trucks? IMHO the one with the least amount of rust would win if all the other things are equal.

50shooter

Sorry I don't have the threads handy but the C and D motor do not specify the turbo. Leave it to the govt to make it more confuddling. The turbos look different. The D is "thicker or non tapered" on the snail shell and the C is more of a tapered snail shell. Again I'm no expert but many guys here are and there is a great thread w/pics and full explanations. Sorry to make your decision harder but now you have a bit more info. I have a C motor but the turbo is the non whistler D.

Good Luck.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to S.S. I have a non-whistler on my deuce and am buying a whistler dump truck. have fun shopping. If you need any advice or need a second set of eyes, let me know.

usmc deuce cpl

I was going to ask the same question. i have stoped and looked at them. they are in decent condition but overpriced. for that price I would probably get one from boyce eqipment and get a truck that has been gone through. I have thought about that but i am checking GL first.

wsucougarx

I was going to ask the same question. i have stoped and looked at them. they are in decent condition but overpriced. for that price I would probably get one from boyce eqipment and get a truck that has been gone through. I have thought about that but i am checking GL first.
I checked GL Fort Lewis this morning for deuces. They only have "parts" type trucks left. Missing switches, missing tires, missing engine parts etc. Doesn't look very good, not sure if anything will be coming in. They seem to have an abundance of 5 tons right now (tractors, dumps, cargos, wreckers)

rivired

no this guy is out in tenino off craigslist...look for "military truck" he has a REALLY nice shape air force truck ...however the electrical system is screwed in it..shot alt,batts,bulbs....the one im looking at is the c motor one...heater hard top air shift,but on a diff note thank you all for your input and im glad to have found lots of local members i wasnt able to before :)

rsh253

Welcome rivired!

After living there for 5 yrs, my wife & I moved from Federal Way to the Carolinas almost a year ago. I bought my deuce after moving here and have been really enjoying it. Hope you get what you're looking for!

-Russ

Alex400

alex,missed your post before i posted...so have u looked at these?or anybody else? whatcha think?
no i haven't. I am at college right now in eastern washington and am just not ready for the undertaking yet. haha. I am hoping the in the next few years to start a different project for a daily driver: 1994-98 dodge 2500 cummins 4x4 witha 6-speed. Then i would have a vehicle that could move the deuce if i needed too . lol

AN/ARC186

no this guy is out in tenino off craigslist...look for "military truck" he has a REALLY nice shape air force truck ...however the electrical system is screwed in it..shot alt,batts,bulbs....the one im looking at is the c motor one...heater hard top air shift,but on a diff note thank you all for your input and im glad to have found lots of local members i wasnt able to before :)
I work with that guy, bought my Deuce from him as well, he's A-OK.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks