• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New from WY

Herber

Hello everyone.

I'm new to the forum. I've been researching the importation processes for foreign vehicles and I'm hoping some people here have experience with it. I don't have anything yet, but I'm hoping to find a soviet UAZ 452. There are very few already in the states, so it seems the best way to get one is to import one from overseas somewhere. If anyone has any experience with imports, can you answer a few questions?

Thanks,

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hello everyone.

I'm new to the forum. I've been researching the importation processes for foreign vehicles and I'm hoping some people here have experience with it. I don't have anything yet, but I'm hoping to find a soviet UAZ 452. There are very few already in the states, so it seems the best way to get one is to import one from overseas somewhere. If anyone has any experience with imports, can you answer a few questions?

Thanks,
Welcome to the Outfit!

There is definitely a process to get some things from certain countries imported. Other things and certain countries seem to be "off limits". I found a link that might help you. From the reading that I have done, having the properly licensed "Expediter" or importer / exporter is going to be the key to success. AND making sure that you don't hand your hard earned money to a scammer...

Herber

I was reading that thread. I'm not sure going through an company like that is my best option just yet. They have a record of getting things here, but the price hike on it makes the van out of my budget. I've seen them selling for between ~$2,500 ans $4,000 in several different countries in Europe. I don't know what they would charge on top of that, but I can do it myself for an additional $4,000 for shipping and port fees. Do you have any experience with companies like the one from that thread?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I was reading that thread. I'm not sure going through an company like that is my best option just yet. They have a record of getting things here, but the price hike on it makes the van out of my budget. I've seen them selling for between ~$2,500 ans $4,000 in several different countries in Europe. I don't know what they would charge on top of that, but I can do it myself for an additional $4,000 for shipping and port fees. Do you have any experience with companies like the one from that thread?
I have not purchased and imported a MV. I have moved printing equipment from Germany to America. We insured the shipping container to the point that had it fallen off the ship, we could have made a profit. I hired a rigger to move the press into the container and hauled it to the shipyard. Took almost 3 months to get through customs (on both ends!) though...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks