• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Fuel Drums

csheath

Got my new fueling station set up and filled. Switched from metal drums behind the generator to plastic in the barn. I will have to carry fuel to the generator but I use most of it in the tractors. Fueling those will be much easier and no more rust. The rust didn't get bad enough to contaminate the fuel but it was starting to form inside the metal drums.

Rainey Cawthon in Tallahassee FL. delivers off road diesel for a little under pump price. The biggest advantage is not having to buy at the pump and transport it.

IMG_20210324_131051643_HDR.jpg

Ray70

Nice! that's a real eye catcher I bet!
Got a 67' coupe with a 5.0 small block, 5 speed stick, 9" 3:70 rear , 4 wheel discs and nitrous Had it for 35 years now.
69' convertible with a big block and a C6
2000 GT, custom paint, lowered 2" and custom wheels, shifter etc.
65' coupe original A-code 289 4V ( awaiting restoration if I ever get time )
Few more years and my son will probably take them over.... if he behaves.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
depending on how fast you use the fuel, you might want to paint the outside of the drums or cover them or something. Light getting into the fuel will greatly accelerate bacterial/algae growth in diesel.

csheath

Hell with the diesel tanks... is that about a 2000 GT under the cover??
I've got a few "Horses" in the barn myself. 4 at the moment but probably a dozen in the past, none of which ever stayed stock for very long!
I had a 1969 Mustang 302 Fastback (Sportsroof) when I was 18. Wish I had that back today.

The one in the barn is a 1999 GT I bought for my 50th. It did double duty as a daily driver/autocross car for several years but is mostly used for track days now. I am 69 now and it still handles like no other car I've ever had. I custom made a set of caster camber plates and a watts link for it. Also added Roush sway bars, Tokico shocks, Ford Racing springs, Cobra brakes. and 17x10-1/2 wheels all the way around. The engine is the stock 4.6 with some plenum work and a Steeda air filter. It's a hoot to drive with the lower horse power since you can floor it coming out of an apex. I have smoked many a so called faster car with it on track. They can go by me on the straight but I usually dog them hard and walk away in the turns. One event I kept lapping a guy in a track prepped C8 Z06 Corvette. Drove the guy crazy! :)

2019_08_0118_52_066932.JPG

2019_08_0117_44_177136.JPG

I also had a 2003 Z06 Corvette and a 2013 Mustang GT for a while but never really bonded with either.

zo6-48.jpg

2013autox.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks