• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy in Dayton, OH Looking for local MV Guys

5tonKalen

Hey everyone. My name is Kalen Marcum and I have just recently got into military vehicles and have always been into jeeps before. My business partner and I have now purchased 8 5 tons over the last year and numerous other trailers, tires and parts. I would just like to meet up with some of the local military vehicle guys to bull**** about the trucks and to get to know local members. If there is any local meet ups near Dayton, Oh I would love to know about them.

Cheers,
Kalen

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rayzor, Oddball, phil2968, and I hang out from time to time. We meet up in Sanford, most of the time.

I think you are quite a few states South of Dayton?????

Welcome aboard. If you're in the Dayton area, you need to look up SWBradley1 and Gimpyrobb, and there are several others in that neck of the woods. But those two are probably the most infamous of the bunch

pegasus55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey there Kalen,

I'm just west of you (Eaton). I don't have a 5 ton but I have a lot of fun with my deuce. PM me and I'll send you my contact info.

Jerry

jw4x4

Kalen- welcome to the site. I have a 932A1 here in Dayton. There are quite a few members in this gerneral vicinity. We need to come up with a planned meeting. Unfortunately, I don't have the space.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dayton membership is growing exponentially. I used to live in Dayton. I used to have 5 tons, I used to have 2 1/2 tons. Now I have grass growing where trucks departed.

5tonKalen

Awesome guys! thanks for the warm welcome. My shop is located on Springfield St. about 3 miles from the base and about 4 miles from the GL lot. If anyone is interested we could hold a meeting at our buildings, we had a few jeep club meetings there a few years ago. We have enough parking for quite a few 5 tons and dueces...

5tonKalen

awesome, I love the museum and try to make it there atleast once a year. It is sad the city of Dayton and riverside does not do nearly enough to promote it. I will PM you me number. I will also PM everyone else it also.
Cheers,
Kalen

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site. I live on Third St and drive out Springfield St to get to GL's lot. Gimp and I have hauled a lot of stuff out of there right past you.

We might be having a little get together out here soon to pull an engine out of one of my trucks. We had a bunch out here last Thursday, trucks and people.

Durango_USMC

how many vehicles usually make it to the Haspin run? What kind of vehicles?

-Kalen-

The fall rally will be a bit smaller than the spring one as a lot of people that go to the spring one will be going to the GA rally in October.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/steel-soldiers-rally/90981-2012-fall-haspin-rally-2-a.html

and the spring rally:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/steel-soldiers-rally/82268-2012-haspin-info-dates-attendance.html

pictures and video from spring:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/steel-...cial-2012-haspin-rally-multimedia-thread.html

AndrewOH

I am glad I am not the only one out here! I wouldn't mind looking at some of your guys' trucks occasionally. I am going to try to pick up a duece next year. Just need to find out which one the wife wants to drive... :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks