• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy in Northern Va

joediveguy

Good morning gents. My name is Joe and I am a transplanted “Texan” living and working in the Front Royal area of Va. I have been a “car guy” and “shade tree mechanic” all my life, however, I am new to the MV hobby. I have wanted a CUCV for some time now for an inexpensive, reliable hunting vehicle and have been lurking on SS for a couple months. Stay tuned for more info on the M1109 “barn find” I am currently working on. Oh, and since being bitten by the MV bug, I bid on and just won a CUCV off of GL. I go to recover it next week at Ft. Meade, Md. As a former Marine of 11 years, I have been told that I have an addictive personality, among other things that may not be appropriate for the public forum.

This is a great site and I have pulled a lot of useful information off it. I am new to that diesel thingy under the hood so I have a steep learning curve! I have downloaded all the TM’s and have used them, and the search engine here, to troubleshoot, modify and repair the systems on my current 1984 M1009. I anticipate relying heavily on you all’s combined knowledge base to get this thing up and humming!
Good to be under the hood again:jumpin:, Joe

twa@ezdn.net

Welcome, Was in Front Royal last week, long way from TX. Have had my M1009 for over a year now and love it. This sight has made all the differance. If you have done your home work you know to look for fork truck damage, change all fluids and first mod is the Dog head conversion.
I think there our other SS guys in your area as well.

Good Luck Tim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks