• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Job Building MVs

Hey fellas.
Been a while since I have been 'active'. I got a new job back in May and wanted to make sure it stuck before I posted anything about it.

I am now working for ROKON International building the ROKON 2x2 Mototractor. Many of you may be familiar with what the ROKON is but for those of you that are not here is a summary;
It is a two wheel drive motorcycle that is driven via a series of chains, sprockets and shafts. They are extremely versatile bikes that have the capability of climbing over countless obstacles (due to it's remarkable ground clearance and an approach angle of 90 degrees). They are narrow enough to fit between very tight trees and burly enough to haul and tow an extreme ammount of weight.
The current models include the Ranger, Scout, and our most popular model, the Trail Breaker. The Trail Breaker is equipped with aluminum drum wheels which are hollow and water tight. They can be filled with extra fuel or water for long trips or can give the bike the ability to float when empty. From farmers to hunters and even law enforcement and fire departments, there is no shortage of applications for these true American workhorses.

Many options include side cars, trailers, cargo racks, gun boots, saddle bags, brush busters, radial tires, and even power take off kits.

They are not your father's ROKON. The evolution of these bikes has been remarkable, yet not much has changed about the driveline componets that make a ROKON a ROKON.

I will not specify here so don't ask me to, but the ROKON has been considered for military use all around the world. The most recent Mil classification was the AB-23 Desert Ranger.

It is an amazing job and I have learned so much since I started. I work with some very talented machinists and fabricators. If you have never heard of the ROKON I strongly recommend doing a quick search on them. I was amazed how many people have no idea what they are. They have a very interesting story and have been to some pretty cool places over the years. I am really looking forward to the day I can strap one to the front of my Deuce!

If you are interested in the history of these fun and unique bikes follow this link The true history of Rokon motorcycles by Bob Gallagher

If you would like more information follow this link Rokon 2-Wheel Drive Motorcycles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TR4kNxfdh8&feature=relmfu
disclaimer: i am not being paid to sponsor any company, product, or website. I am not a spokesmen for any above named company or product either paid or unpaid. No other form of compensation has been promised or provided to me by posting the above information. This post is not inteded to boost sales or profits for any above mentioned company, it is simply intended to start a conversation about said product. All information disclosed in the above post can be found online via search engine. No prohibited or restricted information has been disclosed in the above post.

Attachments

Last edited:

hilber

Congratulations on your job. Those are awesome vehicles. I have seen them advertised but was not familiar with them other than the ads. Thanks for sharing and I went to the web site and looked them over.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a small world! That makes 2 Steel Soldiers making military vehicles starting this month. atankersdad just started working at BAE making tanks and other armored vehicles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks