• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New ladder/stairs on our 5 ton... "crazy dog"

CPDOG

All

we haven't posted on the site for awhile, so when we did the this add on we had to share because we are sure everyone here has been wrestling with this issue concerning easy or at least easier access to the bed of you truck. we found one alternative. we bought a ladder/stairs assy from TORKLIFT a company here in Washington state, located in Kent. they sell all kinds of camper/4x4, etc related accessories.

just for some background, we use the truck for 3 main reasons: 1. we belong to the West Sound Military Preservation Club in Silverdale Wa and use the truck for the first half of the year in shows/parades and other events. 2. after the season is complete we throw in the Alaskan camper and prowl the mountain areas with it (i.e.: this is when she gets dirty!) 3. we also use it for hauling.

the ladder folds up easily and doesn't show itself as an add-on which maintains the military look. it has the ability to adapt to any terrain with the additional adjustable feet and can add on a boot scrubber and handle assy too. we had to mount ours to the left side due to I had to put crane in bed for the spare tire because of the dog door we installed into the cab required us to move the tire to another location. (the things we do for dogs... I cant explain it bros, just roll with me on this one) the dog door pics are on another post here under "our 5 ton crazy dog".

the ladder was designed also for dogs too, we purchased the guards that go above each step (referred as fall-thru preventers). these we used at 2 truck shows with great success (its definitely kid approved too!) and our 3 dogs have no issues at all, as a matter of fact they play king of the bed now and the only way we can keep them out is to fold up the ladder..ha-ha. The scissor type configuration allows you to extend normally or out a little further which gives it a ramp style effect.

the company is great to deal with, they will return calls/emails promptly. the assembly is as durable as the truck and is aluminum(no rust/corrosion) and also you can add or remove steps up to a max of six, we got the little extra height by adding the adjustable feet at the bottom.

so we hope this can help someone as it sure did fix our problem. of any questions please just email me back

oh yeah, about 2 weeks ago torklift posted our pics on their website..... I am famous for at least a week. ha-ha.

V/r
Columbus and Chris Partin

GOPR2476.jpgGOPR2461 (2).jpgIMG_2453.jpgGOPR2471.jpgGOPR2474.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks