• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New life for "Parts Only" Gensets, ex. MEP-002/003

Chainbreaker

Here's a neat example of what one can do by repurposing various parts from MEP parts donor machines. Found this genset unit while poking around the internet looking at nearby CL ads. Looks like he utilized several MEP-002/-003 parts. The Skid Base, Fuel Tank, AC Distribution box, Control Panel housing, Air filter are the platform for the Isuzu C240 engine coupled to a Marathon 30 kw generator end and Dynagen Control mounted in Control Panel Housing all sitting compactly on the skid frame with a 50 gallon aux tank incorporated within. Pretty neat setup:

00j0j_6OZPAZfx9em_600x450.jpg 00U0U_gWtbrTBCth_600x450.jpg

Note: With moderator approval, I am only posting some of the pictures (non-copyrighted) not the actual ad for this example so as not to break the SS rules of posting links to active ads or auctions.

Attachments

Last edited:

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My favorite part is the large 50g tank built into the skid, like you find in the big commercial sets!

Chainbreaker

My favorite part is the large 50g tank built into the skid, like you find in the big commercial sets!
Yeah, and it appears that he even managed to retain pallet fork tunnels built into the tank. My -002 with its 50 gallon aux tank takes up a whole M116A2 trailer...lol!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks