• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mav’s M1088A1 Conversion

Mavcaster

Doh! Chair Force doesn't have these trucks. But they should have a J1939 interface to talk to some systems.

Make friends on the local Army base side of things. Trust me - you want to find a fellow veteran on the Army side. A Motor Sargent for a good sized unit with a lot of trucks can be your new best friend. And they know these trucks well.
Oh believe me, if there was one somewhat close I would. I could probably scrounge up enough tasty crayons to keep them happy haha.

Wingnut13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah even if they don’t have the trucks there at motor pool they can request the digital format. Heck if you have the right access you should be able to do the same through the TODO.

Mavcaster

Anyone know if there’s a write up for rebuilding the hydraulic hand pump or if even possible. Mines got a leak from the piston shaft far as I can tell but wasn’t sure if there are any wiper seals or something that can be replaced.

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have not done one myself, but when I was researching prior to my truck arriving, I found several places that have kits for rebuilding the hand pump. That place that starts with an e and ends with a y had some. I think if memory serves me its 3-4 O-rings, one of which I think is cupped and may be the hardest piece of the puzzle to locate

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone know if there’s a write up for rebuilding the hydraulic hand pump or if even possible. Mines got a leak from the piston shaft far as I can tell but wasn’t sure if there are any wiper seals or something that can be replaced.
I have replaced the three rings that is on the pump piston shaft with generic O-rings last year and so far, works good and no leaks. I don't think you can get into the pump itself (I may be wrong about that, I just haven't found anything different) but you can repair the leak at the piston shaft with the O-rings.

I couldn't find the exact O-rings without going through Parker Pumps. None on eBay either.

Good luck,
Tom.

Third From Texas

Doing some work on the truck today and I have a supervisor.
My neighbors had a chicken that loved to roost in the brush stored in my M1082 trailer. I took it he trailer out to the Island where a buddy was having a big beach party and left it next to his camper for a three-day weekend. So the three days later I'm going to fetch it and one of my surf buddies sends me a text asking if this was my neighbor's bird. Of course, it was. It had survived three days of who knows how many mind-altering drugs (and people there on them).

And the damned thing was not easy to catch...but had adapted quite well to the surroundings of the camp.

Resized_20211031_093455.jpg

Mavcaster

It had survived three days of who knows how many mind-altering drugs (and people there on them).

And the damned thing was not easy to catch...but had adapted quite well to the surroundings of the camp.
That’s hilarious! And from what I’ve learned about chickens, it doesn’t surprise me at all. They each have their own personality, some more interesting than others.

Mavcaster

Does anyone have the -24 IPB for a 3126b? Looking in the TMs, I'm not seeing much for the A1 trucks or maybe I'm missing something. I need to find NSN/Part # for exhaust manifold gasket(s). I'm sure a link to any part finder site for the generic CAT will also work too if someone has that but still having a hard time finding the "backshop" in depth TMs for the A1 trucks.

coachgeo

Does anyone have the -24 IPB for a 3126b? Looking in the TMs, I'm not seeing much for the A1 trucks or maybe I'm missing something. I need to find NSN/Part # for exhaust manifold gasket(s). I'm sure a link to any part finder site for the generic CAT will also work too if someone has that but still having a hard time finding the "backshop" in depth TMs for the A1 trucks.
that's cause the A1 TM's.... though released to public domain if I under stand right on the older A1 stuff... the material is integrated into shop software that is licensed proprietary and NOT released to the public. AKA... this means in net result the A1 stuff your asking for is not in existence in the public domain.

This will be a complicated issue from now on with vehicle maintenance stuff. They are not books anymore. They are licensed software with Govt. PDF's inside. Appears to be "branching software". Sort of a rudimentary A1. It skips you along different branches to chapters, pages, paragraphs of the TM based on your input.

coachgeo

that's cause the A1 TM's.... though released to public domain if I under stand right on the older A1 stuff... the material is integrated into shop software that is licensed proprietary and NOT released to the public. AKA... this means in net result the A1 stuff your asking for is not in existence in the public domain.

This will be a complicated issue from now on with vehicle maintenance stuff. They are not books anymore. They are licensed software with Govt. PDF's inside. Appears to be "branching software". Sort of a rudimentary A1. It skips you along different branches to chapters, pages, paragraphs of the TM based on your input.
Soo... your best bet is to get CAT (and Allison) PDF's and interpolate to your truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks