• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M1097R1 owner from Georgia

BruDogGA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was paranoid during the auction. Part of me wanted someone to outbid me to feel relief. The wife would complain, and I'd have to sell my 1985 Jeep CJ7 Laredo. Worried about not being able to get it titled and insured is a concern. All of this made me uncomfortable about doing this. Now that the deal is done, I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. It's not here yet, but I'm on the edge of my seat. I plan on daily driving it like I do my CJ. The 1097 is going to need a new hood as you can see. Glad to be here and looking forward to meeting other owners in Georgia7CDA9C3E-620B-4245-A51A-2F57FBB56E0B_1_105_c.jpeg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I was paranoid during the auction. Part of me wanted someone to outbid me to feel relief. The wife would complain, and I'd have to sell my 1985 Jeep CJ7 Laredo. Worried about not being able to get it titled and insured is a concern. All of this made me uncomfortable about doing this. Now that the deal is done, I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. It's not here yet, but I'm on the edge of my seat. I plan on daily driving it like I do my CJ. The 1097 is going to need a new hood as you can see. Glad to be here and looking forward to meeting other owners in GeorgiaView attachment 879664
Looks to me like "you done good".
At least you have a top and doors and a canvas for the back.
Lots of the vehicles coming out of Georgia were missing doors, so you have a running start.

BruDogGA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks to me like "you done good".
At least you have a top and doors and a canvas for the back.
Lots of the vehicles coming out of Georgia were missing doors, so you have a running start.
Thanks for the reply! This one came out of Chambersburg, PA. Would have been cheaper on shipping for sure if I pulled one from Albany. Unfortunately, the canvas top for the bed and passenger area has tears in it so I will need a new top.

redneckitguy

I just picked up my 1097R1 yesterday. Im trying to identify a few things on it. One of witch is where did they move the Transmission Control module.....

BruDogGA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just picked up my 1097R1 yesterday. Im trying to identify a few things on it. One of witch is where did they move the Transmission Control module.....
Yeah, I've had a couple of Jeeps but that's as close to any experience with off road vehicles. I'm going to have to actually read some manuals/do research so I can use it safely and efficiently.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks