• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M1123 Owner intro and question

DmentdDan

Hello everyone, I have been a member of this site for a long time and currently own a 1986 M1008 and I just won this auction https://www.govplanet.com/jsp/s/item/2717607?h=7-22 which is an M1123. I am waiting for the EUC to come back and will probably hace a 8-12 week wait according to Gov Planet. It was hard to see (for me at least) that it was missing the intake manifold and it wasn't until after I won the acution that I noticed (i know, I know...). I wish the description would have mentioned the engine being incomplete as every other auction lists this kind of detail. Some of y'all will no doubt bash on me for not seeing this.... Go ahead and get it out of your systems and make yourself feel better by rubbing salt in my wound. haha But for anyone who would like to be helpful, could you tell me what all you think is missing from the pics? Thanks in advance. Oh, one last thing, since no mention was made about the engine being incomplete ( I can cite several current and past auctions at the same site my 1123 came from where details like this are mentioned) do you think I hae a case for getting at least some bit of a refund under the "iron clad" guarantee? Again thanks in advance for sharing some of your knowledge with me.

Attachments

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Can't see it from my angle here BUT do you have the injector pump? I see lines going in the right direction, hard to see pump. Has the later hardware> alt. trans, E brake, S wheel, etc. and ONLY 3k miles ?? Almost brand NEW.

Might want to express your concern with missing part and see how that goes. BUT stated did not start. Somebody went to a lot of work to tear into that engine... If it was just robbed for parts? Would be interesting to ask the question.

Check under the seats. Might be a pump and manifold hiding. Good luck, CAMO

DmentdDan

Can't see it from my angle here BUT do you have the injector pump? I see lines going in the right direction, hard to see pump. Has the later hardware> alt. trans, E brake, S wheel, etc. and ONLY 3k miles ?? Almost brand NEW.

Might want to express your concern with missing part and see how that goes. BUT stated did not start. Somebody went to a lot of work to tear into that engine... If it was just robbed for parts? Would be interesting to ask the question.

Check under the seats. Might be a pump and manifold hiding. Good luck, CAMO
I can't tell if the injector pump is there either, I am hoping! I am just trying to get a WAG on what all I am gonna need to get her going. Assuming the engine isn't toast.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think you will get any traction on the iron clad guarantee since there is a picture and it stated they could not "operationally checked"....

I believe a fellow member Gimpy Rob had intakes for sale if I recall....
Beltfed on ebay normally has pumps which might work as a core to send off and get rebuilt. You would need to research pump numbers and interchange? Can't tell if yours is missing but no real reason to take the intake off that makes sense to me?

DREDnot

Yeah, I doubt you will get any money back. There were pics of the incomplete engine and no videos of the engine running. You got it at non-runner pricing. Look at what the runners went for lately. You got plenty of room to have a pro take care of it for you and still be in it somewhat cheap.

The Injection pump is removed(missing?) and the manifold.
I also didnt see the passenger seat/battery box cover.
They may be in the back or in the footwells but assume that they are NOT and price that stuff out. Just dont buy till you see whats there.

Other than that It looks like a solid truck.

Hopefully there isnt water in the engine. If there is, its not the end of the world. Just a few extra steps.

DmentdDan

Yeah, I doubt you will get any money back. There were pics of the incomplete engine and no videos of the engine running. You got it at non-runner pricing. Look at what the runners went for lately. You got plenty of room to have a pro take care of it for you and still be in it somewhat cheap.

The Injection pump is removed(missing?) and the manifold.
I also didnt see the passenger seat/battery box cover.
They may be in the back or in the footwells but assume that they are NOT and price that stuff out. Just dont buy till you see whats there.

Other than that It looks like a solid truck.

Hopefully there isnt water in the engine. If there is, its not the end of the world. Just a few extra steps.
Thanks for info/help. I figure I wont get anyting but I'll build a little info based on the other auctions at albany and send that to them in my request, who knows the person handling the request may be having a good day and give me a little bit back. A question not asked is always answered with a "no."
I agree with the price beingpretty good even for a non runner.
I have found a NOS seat base for the passenger side (decidng on whether to get aftermarket seats so no seat purchased yet), I bought a set of gaskets for the intake, and new windshield glass. Gonna wait till I have eyes on for the intake and pump.

Aprreciate all the helpful replies, honest feedback, and the time people took to look at the pics. Good folks on this site.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
8-12 weeks for a first time buyer is a pipe dream....they are averaging that for buyers who buy 20-100 trucks a year.
Expect to need a new motor, your missing your pump and intake manifold, at this point your heads are most likely full of water and/or valves are rusted to hell.
frankly, the ad says nothing about the motor being incomplete, IMO....you have a valid claim, but only make the claim upon pickup and visual inspection.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks