• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New M35a2 in Minnesota

redcoat54th

My son Mike and I spent Sunday afternoon bringing home my new ride. I bought the M35 from Andydieselpower an SS member. I only live 35 miles south of Andy so I was able to go "pick one out" awile back. I have been saving and selling items so I could bring "Big Ben" home. Great trip, great weather and Mike drove most of the way home! He out ranks me so I had to let him!
I cannot say enough nice things about Andy and his dad Jim. Andy will not let it out the door unles HE is satisfied "all systems are go." We delayed pick up day because Andy wanted to replace a seal on the rear left axel. I would not have noticed.
All went well and we topped out at 56 mph. The horn did not work and upon investigation when we got home, the horn tubes had both worked loose and unscrewed them selves. No big problem at all.
The plan is to repaint the Deuce in Vietnam era paint and markings. The flat green thats on it now is like sandpaper! Its got to go........

Attachments

redcoat54th

SGTStewart, I look forward to meeting you. I work at the power plant in Owatonna. I wanted to go camping in it this weekend but I am working second shift Sat and Sun. bummer. I expect it will make a great ride to breakfast. Bob

roscoe

That looks similar to one I bought out of WI. Are you going to remove the built back? Mine still had the troop seats in it but no front headboard. I removed the back on mine and was able to save the bows and seats. Lots and lots of screws and some bolts. congratulations and good luck with the restore.

SGTStewart

I was just thinking about your new truck and how small towns in Minnesota have low bridges, it might not be a bad idea to find out just how tall that truck is (that is if you don't already know). :roll:

looking good!

Bob,
Thanks for the compliments and for the business. We look forward to seeing updates you do to your truck. And as Doug mentioned we do need to get a convoy put together sometime as that would be a blast. Thanks again,
Andy

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice rig! And yeah Andy is a good guy to deal with. So when are you going to get your second truck? You know you can't stop with just one :-D

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice looking truck! I too recognize that shed! LOL Andy and family are super to deal with! No complaints from me, that's for sure!! You turning it into a "camper"? or is that a silly question?
God bless,

Tony:-D

wvhillbilly

You made a nice purchase. Although the Home-built cover is not "mil-spec", I must say that I like it a lot. If you remove it, take care not to destroy it, as you might want to use it in the future. That truck would look nice tiger striped of tri-color camo. DO NOT put a shiny paint job on it please......:cry: Makes these trucks look wimpy....Are you wimpy....:?:

redcoat54th

Thanks guys. Nice to be welcome. Now the "work" begins. I have taken off the diamond rad protection - I do not find any on Vietnam era trucks. Started to sand down the carc for a smoother finish on the new paint. Lots of work! Did a little spot rust killing with my Super Juice. Ordered a 60 galon air compressor, can borrow the needle scaler from work. 2 gallons of paint on the way (thats all I will have time to apply before the water gets stuff). Ordered an antenna for the mount on the side of the bed. Not a bad start.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks