• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member & 803a owner

69birdman

Hello fellas
New member/ 803a owner, picked up a 99 , showing 3434hrs on meter. Oil is new, coolant full, I put 2 new batterys to it and it fired right up! Runs great, all gauges work & appear to be in range.
Several markings inside and out of a rebuild or at least a service in 6/2010.
I fabbed up a small trailer to keep it mobile. Read many threads on wiring to house on the site. Like to see a couple more pics of 50amp box installed on the unit.
Thanks for your vast knowledge of these gens.
How do I post pictures?
Happy New Year folks!

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to SS .
Too post pictures when posting, click on the "Go Advanced" icon, Then click on the "Manage Attachments" icon,
A new screen will pop up click on the "Add Files" icon at the top right, then click "Browse" and select a file then click "upload" in the same box . Repeat for more photos and when you have them uploaded click "Done" in the lower right corner of the attachments box . The photo's will show up in the attachment box as you upload them.

This can also be done by clicking on "Edit" in a post you already made , except in the conversations forum editing isn't allowed , so you can't edit posts in that forum.

Attachments

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks , guess I can't edit this one, cant find any advanced in edit. No manage attachments found.
You only need to "go advanced" when posting picture in the original post.
To edit pictures in just click on the "manage attachments" icon.
I put a screenshot of it circled in post #2.

csheath

I need a real computer apparently, I can't load pictures or find link to fuse mod. Thanks for compliment gen.
Most sites I go to the bottom and click on "view whole site". Makes them work like a regular web site instead of the mobile version. This site included.

69birdman

Finally went out in the the cold and inspected gen for "fuse mod", and it's not present. I read the page 29 PDF on parts list and install. Where might I find these parts and maybe some 5/8 light kits for gauges? I haven't seen any Radio shacks around here for awhile.

csheath

Instead of the fancy, expensive, slow blow fuse and holder I used an inexpensive inline holder from the auto parts store and put a fast acting 3 amp fuse in it. Have had this in place and logged 40 hours of usage with no problems.

Guyfang

Staff member
Instead of the fancy, expensive, slow blow fuse and holder I used an inexpensive inline holder from the auto parts store and put a fast acting 3 amp fuse in it. Have had this in place and logged 40 hours of usage with no problems.
When the mod first came out, this is exactly what got done. Soldiers went out to the AFCES gas station and bought everything they needed to do the mod. I like the ability of checking the voltage at the big fuse holder, while running. And its easier to change the big fat fuse when its cold. But at the end of the day, what ever works, is good.

69birdman

I found the fuse holder and a 2 pack of fuses on Ebay, $11 shipped. I have 20ga wire and 1/4" terminals. Also got a pair of 50amp twist lock cable ends & 25' of 6/4 SOOW Cord to make a cable.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks