• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member from Albany, NY

SuperMochombo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi all,

I've been a lurker for years, and been wishing I could somehow justify getting a MV.

Now, thanks to years of preparation and planning and latent insanity I am finally poised to get an M35A2. With a dump bed no less.

I'm a wooden boatbuilder by trade, and will be building a house in the next few years. This will be a working truck, not a restoration. I'm pretty familiar with the vicissitudes of working on these big old trucks, mostly through the great repair videos on youtube and this forum. I'm only a little scared of what lies ahead ha ha.

Stay tuned! Well, maybe not to this thread, but the eminent Road Trip thread, Envy My Truck thread, WTF Is Wrong thread, many many Repair threads, Hospital Bills thread, I'm Getting Redivorced thread, and Selling My Deuce thread.

Cheers,
SMC

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hi all,

I've been a lurker for years, and been wishing I could somehow justify getting a MV.

Now, thanks to years of preparation and planning and latent insanity I am finally poised to get an M35A2. With a dump bed no less.

I'm a wooden boatbuilder by trade, and will be building a house in the next few years. This will be a working truck, not a restoration. I'm pretty familiar with the vicissitudes of working on these big old trucks, mostly through the great repair videos on youtube and this forum. I'm only a little scared of what lies ahead ha ha.

Stay tuned! Well, maybe not to this thread, but the eminent Road Trip thread, Envy My Truck thread, WTF Is Wrong thread, many many Repair threads, Hospital Bills thread, I'm Getting Redivorced thread, and Selling My Deuce thread.

Cheers,
SMC
Welcome to the Outfit!
Like @BKubu mentioned - we need pictures! That way we can all drool and smile and give you proper encouragement. :)

Don't forget that you can download the Technical Manuals (TM's) for your truck here. Link below. Those crusty old books will put you to sleep if you happen to be in your recliner - but it's worth your time - to get the flow chart trouble-shooting and exploded drawings with part numbers in those books. When you need to know how much oil or anti-freeze or gear oil it takes, there is a Lube Order (LO) manual as well.

Time to stop Lurking and start having fun!
Again, Welcome to the group...

SuperMochombo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the warm welcome! I was born in Indiana, grew up in Crawfordsville. Cherry valley's only 45 mins west of me, and I drive through there all the time in the summer, because of Glimmerglass State Park and Otsego Lake and Cooperstown. We are practically kin.

Does anyone happen to know about getting it registered here in NY? I'm going to search the forum bc I'm sure there's a thread about putting a deuce on the road in NY out there somewhere. I'm pretty confident it's not a big deal because I've seen a lot of local CL ads for MV that say the trucks are registered. But now it's time to find out for real.

Thanks again for the welcome. See you all at the next rally!

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the warm welcome! I was born in Indiana, grew up in Crawfordsville. Cherry valley's only 45 mins west of me, and I drive through there all the time in the summer, because of Glimmerglass State Park and Otsego Lake and Cooperstown. We are practically kin.

Does anyone happen to know about getting it registered here in NY? I'm going to search the forum bc I'm sure there's a thread about putting a deuce on the road in NY out there somewhere. I'm pretty confident it's not a big deal because I've seen a lot of local CL ads for MV that say the trucks are registered. But now it's time to find out for real.

Super, Is the dog in your avatar a Great Pyrenees?

SuperMochombo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I loved him so much, and he was so much WORK. It was like having a dangerous mental patient for a teenage son. I was proud of him, and he was all dog. Everything a dog could do to be canine, he excelled at. Barking, pooping, shedding, biting strangers. He did it all, but never when I wanted him to.

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Welcome to the site, and welcome to the green madness. You will find allot of great resources hear.
By the way, you pass right by my LZ in East Springfield when you head to Glimmerglass State Park.

Attachments

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your paperwork is good , NYDMV is pretty easy to register an MV , over 25 Y O and get Historic Plates and it's a deal . If you have any questions PM me I can help you thru it . You need an 82T reg/title application , current insurance , bill of sale document and of course your ownership documents and that should do it . All the forms can be downloaded from the NYSDMV website . NYSDMV does have their standards , they want your cash !!!! LOL BTW when you are dealing with a DMV person behind the counter , ALWAYS yes or no to a question do not offer any other info , they can get confused and you get nothing !!! they want your cash !!!! LOL go luck Bob k

SuperMochombo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your paperwork is good , NYDMV is pretty easy to register an MV , over 25 Y O and get Historic Plates and it's a deal . If you have any questions PM me I can help you thru it . You need an 82T reg/title application , current insurance , bill of sale document and of course your ownership documents and that should do it . All the forms can be downloaded from the NYSDMV website . NYSDMV does have their standards , they want your cash !!!! LOL BTW when you are dealing with a DMV person behind the counter , ALWAYS yes or no to a question do not offer any other info , they can get confused and you get nothing !!! they want your cash !!!! LOL go luck Bob k
Roger that. Thank you. That's exactly what I was looking for. That's good advice too I gotta keep my yap shut and let them collect some money.

I love Cooperstown. Last summer me and another guy from where I work were sent to work on the Glimmerglass Queen, a dinner cruise charter boat owned by a hotel on the lake. I've been back a few times to Glimmerglass to sail. I'm a sailor and get my fix sailing a little rowboat I converted to sail.

Here I'll test out putting up pictures.

Attachments

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the neighbourhood! I am 3 miles up the road from Dougco1.
There is a reasonably healthy group affiliated with MVPA that holds events in the Capital district and around.
Hope to see you on the road.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the neighbourhood! I am 3 miles up the road from Dougco1.
There is a reasonably healthy group affiliated with MVPA that holds events in the Capital district and around.
Hope to see you on the road.
zebedee, Steel Soldiers member JATONKA is in Johnsville, NY. I think that's just a little NE of you?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks