• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from NC

emcoord

In the process of purchasing a LMTV for S&R in county. Currently have a M929 which just listed for surplus. Not really familiar with the LMTV. So, I'm here to get some information and knowledge from those who possess it. I work for a very rural county that is prone to flooding from tropical systems.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
In the process of purchasing a LMTV for S&R in county. Currently have a M929 which just listed for surplus. Not really familiar with the LMTV. So, I'm here to get some information and knowledge from those who possess it. I work for a very rural county that is prone to flooding from tropical systems.
Welcome to the Outfit!

It will be worth your time to grab the TM's (Technical Manuals) for your LMTV. Those crusty books will put you to sleep if you try to read them in a recliner, but they will be your source for solid answers. Downloading them and using Search in Acrobat will expedite finding information easier. Learning the nomenclature is the most difficult part of using these books. Finding a "bushing" that is called a "support" makes you want to scream, but with a little recliner time it will help get your brain queued up to find what you need.

Once you know what you have for a truck, post up a few pictures!
Again, welcome to the group...

emcoord

Welcome to the Outfit!

It will be worth your time to grab the TM's (Technical Manuals) for your LMTV. Those crusty books will put you to sleep if you try to read them in a recliner, but they will be your source for solid answers. Downloading them and using Search in Acrobat will expedite finding information easier. Learning the nomenclature is the most difficult part of using these books. Finding a "bushing" that is called a "support" makes you want to scream, but with a little recliner time it will help get your brain queued up to find what you need.

Once you know what you have for a truck, post up a few pictures!
Again, welcome to the group...

Thanks for the welcome. I believe our LMTV is a 1078 but don't hold me to it. I take delivery next Wednesday. As soon as we get it in county. I will post pics!

emcoord

If you're driving it back, pack a lunch. That was a looong ride home. 54 or 55 is all I could get out of it. :p
We had to buy 2 batteries for ours before we left the yard. Have since converted it to a 2 battery system.
I picked up the batteries today. Needs some engine oil, a little bit of transmission oil, and power steering fluid. I’m just glad it not hot out. Should make for a better long ride lol. Our m929 was also switched to a 2 battery system. I appreciate all the tips.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks