• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from New York

pjwest03

Hello to everyone from here in Vestal NY!!!

Been lurking for a bit. Decided to make it official as this site has been very helpful to me. I recently acquired a 1969 Kaiser M36A2. I live a couple hills away from Kublo's Surplus in PA (the source of my new toy). Mighty fine folks BTW.

-Pat.

pjwest03

The basic plan is to get it on the road first. Right now, I'm adding backup lights, rear license plate light, etc... To make the inspector happy. :goodjob:

After that, I will be stripping, fixing any metal moth issues, and repainting. Not going for a museum piece but make her look good and keep further rust at bay. I've been a frequenter of antique truck and equipment shows in the area for many years now. Some of my family is in the trucking and heavy hauling business, collectors and purveyors of Macks primarily. I chose to start down the MV route just to be different. The civilian shows around here don't get many MV's but they welcome all trucks and any old machines that you wish to bring.

As I am not getting any younger (mental age still hovering around 13 however), I believe one of the Waterloo Specialties power steering kits is in the near future.

Many thanks to all the fine folks here as I have been able to find just about anything I wanted to know by searching the forums.

Last edited:

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from further upstate (past Cooperstown).

Speaking of antique trucks/transport etc., I have a Pete 352 (12v71) that needs to get to Port of Baltimore before first frost... Looking for shipping quotes.

Howard

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks