• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member introduction from AZ.

918rider

Hello, I'm Ryan from Arizona.

I joined up as I'm the proud (anxious and fearful) new owner of a m1088a1 mtv bought at auction last week.

First, an honest admission! I know nothing about this vehicle. I'm not a mechanic. I'm a ex marine grunt turned Trauma Nurse. The learning curve will either be huge or it will break me.

I bought this beast to turn into an overland rig for my wife and I to do the Pan-American highway. Saw one and fell in love. If I can get it set up right, it should be a perfect platform for us.

First challenge will be getting it shipped to az from Hawaii. I'm open to advice for sure.

Second, I need to find the right tm for this. I'm finding similar but not the right one.

Thank for letting me in. I'll try and not be too annoying with newbie questions.

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hellofa tractor there, guy.

Welcome home from an AZ native!

Don't forget Historic Vehicle plates under Title 28 Arizona Revised Statutes (if your rig is old enuf) get you free from commercial regs and insurance.

Dennis

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hello, I'm Ryan from Arizona.

I joined up as I'm the proud (anxious and fearful) new owner of a m1088a1 mtv bought at auction last week.

First, an honest admission! I know nothing about this vehicle. I'm not a mechanic. I'm a ex marine grunt turned Trauma Nurse. The learning curve will either be huge or it will break me.

I bought this beast to turn into an overland rig for my wife and I to do the Pan-American highway. Saw one and fell in love. If I can get it set up right, it should be a perfect platform for us.

First challenge will be getting it shipped to az from Hawaii. I'm open to advice for sure.

Second, I need to find the right tm for this. I'm finding similar but not the right one.

Thank for letting me in. I'll try and not be too annoying with newbie questions.
Hi Ryan,

No worries. A lot of folks here were where you are now. Asking questions and reading TM's will be your friend. I saw a recent post from a member that was hauling to or from Hawaii with a big truck, so the Transportation Forum might be a good start.

The tough part of this puzzle it that LMTV truck manuals are posted in the FMTV thread. Yeah, I know. It made sense to somebody sometime. But if you are new - all I can do is 'splain where they are.

M1078 and M1083 Series use the same books

The entire list for M1078 trucks are here:

Alternative location:

----

Other than that, whip out (download) the "-10" (last digits in the TM number). It is the operators guide and will get you off to a running start. If nothing else, it will give you the right names for things when discussing here on the forums.

WELCOME to the outfit!!

Be sure to post some pictures when you get a chance. Don't be bashful. We will be happy to see it in any condition - and if somebody spots a problem you can know about it early.

Last edited:

918rider

Thank everyone for the welcome!

Mullaney, your a savior. I was wondering if they are all the same or what the deal was. I really appreciate the guidance. Now I can download them and get familiar.

eaw46, I'm in Fountain Hills. love the local group. Going to have to go meet up when the truck comes in.

So far all I have are the pics and videos from gp. Looks like I got my hands full.

Screenshot_20210630-102632_Chrome.jpg

918rider

Well I don't know how shipping is yet as it hasn't been released yet. Still waiting on the EUC. Once I get the approval then I gotta get it figured out.

Luckily I have a few friends in Hawaii that are willing to go take possession for me and help with the hurdle of getting it to the shipping depot. I've already figured it will need new batteries just to get it moving. After that there are a ton of questions still to be resolved.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks