• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member - St Augustine , FL

WassawBound

New member. I hope to bring this one home soon.

FloridaAKM

Welcome from Gainesville, good luck with your nonrunner. It may be simple, or a little more involved. Good Luck!

I looked @ the pictures of your LMTV up @ Lake Butler & it seems to be a good truck, but you have your work cut out for you finding all the scavenged parts.

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
New member. I hope to bring this one home soon.

Walcome to the outfit!
From up here in North Carolina...

You are in for an adventure!!

WassawBound

Welcome from Gainesville, good luck with your nonrunner. It may be simple, or a little more involved. Good Luck!

I looked @ the pictures of your LMTV up @ Lake Butler & it seems to be a good truck, but you have your work cut out for you finding all the scavenged parts.
Yeah looks like those kids kept stealing parts off it. Many of them are critical too. I noticed the gas cap is gone. I’m thinking the tank is likely full of water. Especially how it’s been raining lately.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Interlachen. Look on the bright side you got a free broom to help clean up the mess you make working on it. That truck looks like they trailered it there with the couple of wheels with lugs nuts not on tight or on right. Myself I would have it trailered out and bring lug wrench to tighten them lug nuts before it is moved even on to a trailer.

WassawBound

Welcome from Interlachen. Look on the bright side you got a free broom to help clean up the mess you make working on it. That truck looks like they trailered it there with the couple of wheels with lugs nuts not on tight or on right. Myself I would have it trailered out and bring lug wrench to tighten them lug nuts before it is moved even on to a trailer.
I saw those too. I couldn’t determine if it’s the camera angle or they’re totally loose. Bad stud maybe?

WassawBound

Does this coolant tank look empty to you guys? I’ve noticed a coolant hose seems to be loose and there appears to be no coolant in the tank. Any idea why someone my have removed it?

I’m thinking these are bad signs for this engine and maybe I should walk away from this truck.

Is it typical to drain fluids on GP trucks?

D6C86A69-90F9-4312-B82B-4AB9DFE48ED1.jpeg

Last edited:

WassawBound

Nice! Where 50 miles from St A are you? We are out off 208. Extra set of hands never hurts. PM me
I’m in St Augustine. The truck is currently in Lake Butler. Where are you? I’m getting an uneasy feeling about this truck. I may possibly back out. I think it may take more to get running than expected and I better have a backup location to keep it should I end up having to part it out or take longer to drop a new engine or etc. If the latter, I prefer a yard with others working on MVs. That way there’s other knowledgeable folks around.

I’ve been told the engine alone is worth $6k but if it’s toast I’m in trouble.

FloridaAKM

If you back out on this truck, they will fine you $500.00 to be able to do so & still retain your ability to bid on their auctions. Don't ask me how I know.

You could ship this one home & buy another one like it & use this one for parts, but that is quite expensive an endeavor.

WassawBound

If you back out on this truck, they will fine you $500.00 to be able to do so & still retain your ability to bid on their auctions. Don't ask me how I know.

You could ship this one home & buy another one like it & use this one for parts, but that is quite expensive an endeavor.
Did they get their $500 out of you? You'd think after paying the fine you'd be allowed to bid again after that.

FloridaAKM

If you pay the fine of $500.00, they will not stop you from bidding, but you get nothing out of it, except to continue bidding & give them more of your money. I have been buying & bidding since 2013 when it was government Liquidation & when they demanded the $500.00 fine, I politely told them to stuff it as the problem was a software glitch. I am retired & do not need to throw away anymore money in their auctions.

roverchef

I’m in St Augustine. The truck is currently in Lake Butler. Where are you? I’m getting an uneasy feeling about this truck. I may possibly back out. I think it may take more to get running than expected and I better have a backup location to keep it should I end up having to part it out or take longer to drop a new engine or etc. If the latter, I prefer a yard with others working on MVs. That way there’s other knowledgeable folks around.

I’ve been told the engine alone is worth $6k but if it’s toast I’m in trouble.
If the rest of the truck is decent and just the motor is toast you can always get a reman'd long-block for fairly cheap.

roverchef

If you pay the fine of $500.00, they will not stop you from bidding, but you get nothing out of it, except to continue bidding & give them more of your money. I have been buying & bidding since 2013 when it was government Liquidation & when they demanded the $500.00 fine, I politely told them to stuff it as the problem was a software glitch. I am retired & do not need to throw away anymore money in their auctions.
Which auction?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks