• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pb101

Hello, new member from Massachusetts with a newly purchased 1964 Kaiser M54a2 6x6. Looking forward to learn me about it. Trying to find info on the tulsa winch on front.
Thanks, Paul

Attachments

Last edited:

ToddJK

First of all, Welcome to SS! That is a nice truck! Be sure to find and download the TM's for your truck if you haven't already. Anything you wanna know and learn, the 5 ton forums and the search function are excellent resources to use here. Otherwise just post your questions and inquiries in the related forum and someone will point you in the right direction!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hello, new member from Massachusetts with a newly purchased 1964 Kaiser M54a2 6x6. Looking forward to learn me about it. Trying to find info on the tulsa winch on front.
Thanks, Paul
Hi Paul. Welcome to the Outfit!

Like @ToddJK mentioned, getting the TM's (Technical Manuals) for your truck will be a big plus. When you have the chance, snap a few more pictures and post them in the 5-Ton section. You will find that we like pictures!

:cool:

Pb101

First of all, Welcome to SS! That is a nice truck! Be sure to find and download the TM's for your truck if you haven't already. Anything you wanna know and learn, the 5 ton forums and the search function are excellent resources to use here. Otherwise just post your questions and inquiries in the related forum and someone will point you in the right direction!
Thank you. I've been exploring the site. Very informative.

fasttruck

Winch is not stock for a front mount winch for a M54. Appears to be a rear mount winch from either a 5 ton wrecker or a 10 ton tractor. No dog clutch. That means power in and out. Whatever power take off and direction of rotation controls will not be covered in the TMs which would describe the mechanisms used on the stock trucks. On a 10 ton an air control is provided to determine direction of rotation but this does not show in the pics. Operation may involve placing the transfer case in neutral and controlling direction by which gear the truck transmission is in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks