• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New MEP-003A

Zadvark

I feel obligated to thank the folks here at SteelSoldiers and those who've spent hours researching and doing mass brain dumps on MEP generators. I finally took possession of mine built up by none other than William Delk himself. I'm lucky enough to leave down the road from Delk's and took full advantage of the situation.

I cannot readily identify the donor trailer but it's sister was designated as AN/SQ-217A. I really groove on the side cabinets instead of the standard genny accessory box. I had the original Humvee tires swapped out to help level out the ride. The exhaust risers work great and the folks at Delks reinsulated the ASK and I have a measured 63dB standing anywhere at the edge of the trailer. The option I'm really happy with is the 50 gallon tank up front which is surplus from the Cougar MRAP. I'm seeing a lot of these around and they are super heavy duty.

Also, a special thanks to Speddmon on his advise on hook-ups. As soon as the weather clears up enough, I have a 3P manual transfer installed to complete the installation. The house hook-up seemed to be the most confusing but your posts have been clear, concise, and authoritative.

Thanks again to everyone here and before you ask.... yes, it's a disease and I'm already looking for a 002A to use as a backup.

Zad

IMG_0237.jpgIMG_0236.jpgIMG_0235.jpgIMG_0234.jpg

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Probably an A3. It has a wide stance and the adjustable tongue jack. A pic of the axle from the rear would decide the model.

Triple Jim

That's a nice looking 003A, you'll love it. I have one and it does exactly what I was hoping it would. When there's an outage, everything runs as normal.

dangier

Like the stacks. You will be pleased when you get it connected and under load. My 003 with 002 backup (backup to the backup), is the cat's meow!
David

Last edited:

Zadvark

One thing that I wasn't 100% grooving on was the rear stabilizer. When I crank the front up a bit it does seem to bite but it seems a little wonky that the stabilizer pivots 180 degrees. I thought I've seen some bracketing that limits the travel to 90 degrees but it appears to be absent on this one.

IMG_0245.jpg

Also the new insulation for the ASK that Delks is using (a fairly heavy rubberized neoprene like material with a Mylar or aluminum backing) is giving me 64 dB anywhere at the edge of the trailer. Pretty awesome to carry on a cell phone conversation with the unit operating at speed.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found a NIB ASK for my 003 and that quietened it down a LOT. Maybe not as much as the insulation you are using but it is much better than without it. Thats for sure!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks