• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New owner!

Iceman3005

Well I am a happy new owner of an M813, drove 200 miles to get it and then drove the M813 back 200 miles. Trip went off with out any issues! I forgot my earplugs, so I said screw it, I can make it with out them. Ya , about half way through I had enough, stopped and bought me some earplugs.

When we stopped we noticed a small fuel leak, popped the hood and saw the top of the injection pump was wet. started the truck and tried to find the leak but couldn't. It looks like one of the fittings on the top is leaking but couldn't tell. So I will have to figure that out. But other than that went great!

I am hoping it is getting about 10 miles per gallon, gauge was reading half a tank when we left. I topped it off and it took 20 gallons, when I got home gauge was reading in the same place as when we left. So hopefully it only takes about 20 gallons to top it off again.

Big thanks to swbradley1, it was nice to meet you.

Last edited:

Iceman3005

Big thanks to warthog for putting up the TM's. Downloaded all of them. Now just to print! Here goes lots of paper, glad I have a laser printer. Ink is good for 5000 copies! I like them being on the computer, but I also like having a book in my hand!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Beautiful truck. I think the M813s are more rare than the M813A1s (with drop side bed), right?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anytime you sell a truck you get a twinge of sadness when it drives away and yesterday was no different. It was my prettiest truck and has been my parade and show truck. She still has Haspin mud on her from the time I took it over there. That's they way I kept. My wife heard it start for the last time in the driveway and turned the TV up louder so she could hear it pull away.

I rattle canned that truck (all the runs and drips you might find are original military equipment) and put a few additions on it but I was most worried about it making it the 200 miles to its new home.

I'm glad you made it home safe and sound. Enjoy the "new" truck.

BenRoberts

Certified insane
Anytime you sell a truck you get a twinge of sadness when it drives away and yesterday was no different. It was my prettiest truck and has been my parade and show truck. She still has Haspin mud on her from the time I took it over there. That's they way I kept. My wife heard it start for the last time in the driveway and turned the TV up louder so she could hear it pull away.

I rattle canned that truck (all the runs and drips you might find are original military equipment) and put a few additions on it but I was most worried about it making it the 200 miles to its new home.

I'm glad you made it home safe and sound. Enjoy the "new" truck.
Anything left in the fleet?

Iceman3005

So if anyone has any ideas where these NHC's are known for leaking fuel let me know. The block, head, top of pump, filter, differential, and spring are all wet.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
So if anyone has any ideas where these NHC's are known for leaking fuel let me know. The block, head, top of pump, filter, differential, and spring are all wet.

Is it sucking air? Revving up and down or hard to start?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Iceman3005

Fires right up, idle is even, it seems to not have as much power when I left Dayton. When I push clutch in to stop, it almost dies then comes back to an idle.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It started leaking about half way home from Dayton.

If your line fittings are all dry then it is Going to be the orings on the fuel jumpers down between the valve covers from it being that high up
2nd thought would be the fuel shut off solenoid o ring under it.

If that engine as a depressurize under the front intake runner they are known to seep. That's a round vertical cylinder that the return line goes thru back to the pump and tank. Not all engines have them though.

Iceman3005

If your line fittings are all dry then it is Going to be the orings on the fuel jumpers down between the valve covers from it being that high up
2nd thought would be the fuel shut off solenoid o ring under it.

If that engine as a depressurize under the front intake runner they are known to seep. That's a round vertical cylinder that the return line goes thru back to the pump and tank. Not all engines have them though.

Ya, I am leaning toward the fuel rail leaking, or fuel drain rail leaking, the head and block are wet from the front of engine all the way back to the injection pump. Just watched a video on youtube about the PT injection system, that was awesome and simple. Love it.

Last edited:

Iceman3005

Ok, I see in the TM where the cross-over tubes are and the O-ring is located. So possible leak there, looks like an easy fix. I hope.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks