• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New parking brake shoes

REO 54

I need to install fresh shoes asap for my deuce P brake.My TM only show views of them but to proceedure on a change out.Previous threads don't show what I need to know.Any help out there would be greatly appreciated!
Umm..I don't know where this font came from??I just showed up!Wacky 'puters!

srodocker

im sure if you bring your parts down we can see how to do it as i need to do it as well. man we need to buy that oshkosh in your picture for zombies!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
They are mechanical, no "procedure" needed. Just take off the old ones and put on new ones. The bottom bolt and nut of the outside shoe is rather large and that makes it a pain to find a socket, but it wasn't too hard of a project over all.

srodocker

you going to lewis for a recovery?!?!? what for???? i will be on lewis in the morning.

and i haven't done mine yet. mine are maxed out in adjustments right now so once that stops working im going to switch it out

REO 54

Well,got the new park brake shoes installed.Went well.Bit of a fight with that nut on the cable.Old shoes were down the rivets!Bad.
the main pins were lacking lube and starting to rust a bit.Swapped zirks,greased after install works great.That bolt is an odd size
though on the main pivot.Like 1" 3/8 was to big and 1"1/4 to small.What up wit dat??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks