• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new tire for M1009 $180.OTD

edpdx

Just discovered the last of my Treadwright Guard Dogs recaps going flat. I bough four of them a couple of years ago, and replaced them as the retreads started to separate. This last one (driver front) looked pretty good at the time I replaced the other three for tire separation, so I tried to get maximum use from it. I wish I could tell how manuy miles I put on it, but two years daily driving ought to give a fair idea. I will say that the tread on this tire was right where I'd expect it to be if I had to replace a new tire, so I got my money's worth.

While the tires could last the expected tread life, they may not (75% failure in my case).

I won't be getting them again, because I rely on my tires not only to get me into the back country, but also to get me out. Can't take that dog hunting anymore.
I
now have BFG All terrain all around. $180 each installed.

edpdx

Heya Nut,

I draw deer tags for Beaty Butte, Whitehorse, or Trout Creek often, but also range to Grayback and Soda Mountain, Cascadia, and other wild hair locales.

Have you been hunting since moving up here?

BFG is nice, where do you go in the back country around here?

Last edited: