• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to me M37

boughtnobuilt

I acquired an M37 from Grants Pass Oregon (it was on Facebook Marketplace for a while).

It was a fire truck and I'm going to return it to a fire truck again to be used at Rubicon Springs on the Rubicon Trail (just west of Lake Tahoe)

So, the existing, largely original drivetrain radiator, motor, transmission, transfer, case and both axles are coming out and I'm hoping that there's someone somewhere that will take the entire thing off me. I'm hoping it will do someone (or many someones) some good. I wasn't sure it was worth paying for premium to post a classified or not.

IMG_6968.jpg

cucvmule

collector of stuff
And what am I missing, you are going to use body and frame for...fire truck.

You are giving away the parts described?

The M37 looks like it has gray rims, maybe a Navy M37. If it is a Navy wagon it may be best to keep it that way. As good of condition it is, it would be great to keep it Navy Gray.

I wait to see what other opinions are.

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Got to agree guys. From 3000 miles away, I can't quite understand the "offer" either.

boughtnobuilt

Okay, let me try this. What is the best way to get rid of the entire drivetrain in one shot to someone who will make good use of it or part it out. Post classifieds here? Another site?

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
…I wasn't sure it was worth paying for premium to post a classified or not.
Yes, There are plenty of people on here that would benefit from your parts! Just build the extra few $ for the membership into the price of your parts. I’m curious as well, what are you using for the drivetrain, are you keeping the frame, or just pulling the body off and dropping it on a modern chassis?

boughtnobuilt

I'm keeping the frame and leaf springs, they will work just fine.

Look at 6.0/4l80 and Dana 60's front and rear as the most robust and easiest to repair combination. This will live very remote and durability and ease of repair by the broadest range of people is a must.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks