• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to me M38A1 ! New finished pics up!!

exhogflyer

She's actually in very nice shape. NO rust, but mechanically neglected from sitting. Here's what's going on: 2 new batteries and correct hold downs, complete rebuild of the entire brake system, carburetor rebuild, distributor overhaul, and fixing all the evils people have done to the wiring/lighting system. I'm a mechanic by trade so it's not a huge job for me and I actually enjoy bringing this piece of history back to life. We also have a lot of cleaning to do but I have all winter. I'll post photos.

exhogflyer

Ok, I've started on the brake rebuild, and I've also rebuilt the carburetor. Carb was full of crud, and wheel cylinders seeped out fluid and destroyed the shoes. New lines and hoses too!
IMG_1141.jpgIMG_1148.jpgIMG_1149.jpg

Attachments

exhogflyer

Well I got all the mechanicals finished, and it was in it's first parade ! Also installed the Vertronix pointless system and it was a nice upgrade. ( yes I'm keeping the points plate in case down the road I sell it). Also was able
to get the correct radios which I'll install over the winter along with all new seat cushions.
IMG_1164.jpgIMG_1165.jpg

exhogflyer

Ok, update on the Jeep's progress: finished mechanicals before winter, over the winter started the cosmetics. I repainted the interior, recovered and installed seats. Also installed the radios and mount, I did not actually hook them up electrically as I don't intend to use them. Also cleaned the top from about 50 years of grime. Finally, I correctly stenciled the markings, wired up the lights so all work correctly, and aligned the front end. Hopefully we'll get to enjoy it!

Attachments

exhogflyer

Def worth the money! No need to ever re adjust points, and it always runs smooth. One less maintenance item, only caveat is make sure ignition is always OFF when its not running.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks