• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to me trailer, what is it?

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anybody here have any ideas about what make/model trailer this is? I haven't found any tags or other identification marks on it.
Being a Jeep guy, the 5 on 5-1/5 bolt pattern was all I needed to want it.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I may get a chance to look it over a bit closer for additional clues today. Something larger was mounted on it, as the sides are formed sheet metal (kind of crunched down in the front now) with mounting holes in them.
And speaking of mounting holes, I didn't measure, but it looks like it's set up for a rear pintle hook.

Either way, it's a heck of a lot less complex than the M720 I hauled home the same day.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, took a look-see, there's no identification stuff whatsoever.
DSCN0318[1].jpgDSCN0319[1].jpgDSCN0320[1].jpg Judging by the parking brake design, this thing was likely built in the Forties, possibly the Fifties.
Of course, the Jeep wheel bolt pattern existed before that, so it might be older yet. The hubs are not normal Jeep stuff.
And the rear is indeed set up for a pintle hook.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, Porkchop! That one looks not just similar but darn near identical. Guess that means it really was a production trailer...of some sort.
Sure grateful I don't have the rust issues that guy was faced with. In my case, a light spray with JB-80 got the brake mechanism to move. Hopefully the grease caps are standard issue (two are missing) since making them from scratch probably wouldn't be all that easy.

If the mechanicals (the little there is) turn out to be good and/or easily rebuildable, it'll become the foundation for a 200 gallon LeeAgra fuel tank. Most appropriate for feeding the herd of green machines...oh, and the tan ones, too, I suppose.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like something used on an airfield for a huffer, or generator/battery bank for starting aircraft.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks