• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to the herd 1944 Mark 4 Bomb Trailer, restore

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
First off does anybody know or have links to one of these? I just happen to run across this for sale on FB this morning in a town 30 mins away. Went over made the deal and brought it home.
It looks like a MKII but has a belly pan and data plates says Mark 4Bomb trailer 002.jpg can't find anything on the net. I know the hoist and davit is not original but under the black paint it's OD and the hoist is 40's vintage and maybe was cobbled up while still in active service. Plate states in can carry 2,000 lbs!
Bomb trailer 001.jpg Bomb trailer 008.jpg Bomb trailer 007.jpg Bomb trailer 005.jpg Bomb trailer 004.jpg Bomb trailer 003.jpg

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had one similar. Donated to the Lone Star Flight Museum. They were daisy chained behind M-6 Chevy bomb trucks and GTB's during WWII. Nice display item under B-17s and the like.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
NDT do you or anybody else have a good picture of the bomb hold down chain or whatever was used for securing the load?
Got all the extra stuff cut off just got to finish grinding the slag then off to the sand blaster. 001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Sorry Monkeyboyarmy I am traveling light out to Findlay but might bring one of the bikes, you can see how much room it takes up on my little trailer. I need the space to clear out what I have stored up at Kips farm and at the Central Ohio Warehouse, swbradley1 place.