• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to the site and military trucks!

Shawnb1976

Would love to get help identifying this truck , its life started as a mack endt 673 powered dump truck other than that im kinda lost. Plan on bobbing the truck utilizing a triagulated 4 link and air bags. It will have 939 super singles and 14x20 tires! Im excited to learn more about the truck and address some of her issues.

Attachments

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Mack's are somewhat rare. And desirable.

As to tire size, I recommend against 14.00's. 14.00's are no longer in use by the military and the supply has dried up. Replacing them will be a PITA.

395's are plentiful and cheap and frequently already mounted on a compatible rim. 395's are 45" and the 14.00's are 48".

16.00's are another good choice. 16.00's are plentiful but more expensive than 395's. 16.00's are 53".

For a toy truck I like 16.00's. For a working truck I like 395's.

I have 16.00's on my 818...

Attachments

fasttruck

Macks usually pull harder than M51A2s with Continental engines and run faster than M809 series trucks. The key to survival is read the reading: don't make a move without the pubs: operators' manual, organizational maintenance manual and parts book, and the lubrication order. There are probably 40 grease fittings on this chassis, 4 on the handbrake alone. Neglect them at your own peril. A A1 will have 2ea more on the firewall for the throttle linkage. If all the data plates are present in the cab, 1 will identify the publications for this vehicle. These are available on line or in paper form at swap meets. Grease is cheap. Parts cost money. Be guided accordingly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks