• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Touch Pad Controls

Heavysteven

So i picked up a new light pad control and blicker switch.

I am very happy with both products. However, the light pad look cool but is hard to operate. It require the driver (me) to look down. I could not operate while driving thats for sure. It looks GOOD THOUGH.

If any is thinking of upgrading do it.

Hit any button to light up, then make a selection, and press enter to activate. Once activate color goes to blue.

Last edited:

airmech3839

my neck hurts now.... nice setup..... I can operate mine without looking down... but it would be nice to see what the difference is...

How much did it set you back if you dont mind me asking? And where did you get it?

steelandcanvas

I'll stick with the tried and true 3 lever unit. Biggest reason: You have to look down to use the electronic version. I guess you could memorize it like the old style unit.

mikeroot2

Once you use the push button switch for a while it becomes second nature and doesn't require you to look down, just like the 3 lever. At least you can actually see what mode the push button switch is in during "low light" use. Either way, just turn your lights on before you start moving and there isn't a need to operate either while driving. Have push buttons in both my trucks. To each his own.

m109guy

Just make sure that you grounded the switch properly with the included wire. They are well known for burning out due to not being properly grounded. While grounding it properly will not guarantee it won't burn out, it does help.

Looks good though!

Heavysteven

Thx, I made sure the ground was good. Removed paint around the screw. Also, the data screw are hex head stainless steel.

Just got to save some money and get LED headlights next....some day

I will keep the old three way in my tool box just in case.

I have a few push botton controls, they are just as easy to use as the three lever. But I have several different trucks that have different switches so I guess it is all part of the process. When you get into an 800 series truck, nothing is like the Deuce.

unclemikey

Have one in my Deuce, love it. The only problem I have with it is that I forget to turn the brakes lights on in the day time ! Senility is sinking in. :doh:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks