• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New toy but whats her 'call sign'?

MilitaryRestoration

What a sweet thing she is. All rebuilt in 1991 and nothing seems to have been used since. Everything seems to be there so far. Someone had 'demil' it by taking all the hose lines off, grease guns off, unbolted fuel tank, undid fuel line, and drained every oil container motor, compressor and big tanks but left all bolts and everything else in trailer. how nice :) I am curious though what do they call this trailer... I know that it is a [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-2]ENG-3A on a 2.5 ton chassis trailer but do they call it anything together? I need the tm for it and the motor. But did a search through the tm section and found nothing, or over looked it. The motor is a 4cyl 32 cubic in. nsn-2805-068-7512 and supposedly the tm is tm-5-2805-203-14 & 24p but nothing found in SS or google. Any help greatly appreciated!!
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Attachments

oilcan

Do a search for "lube trailer", that should get you some good info.

I sure would like to have one of those!

papercu

I don't know which unit you have but the ones the military have now are called LUBRICATION AND SERVICING UNIT,
POWER OPERATED,
TRAILER MOUNTED, 15 CFM COMPRESSOR
MODEL LST-178A-85
(NSN 4930-01-230-0781) and the TM is TM 5-4930-233-14 and is on LOGSA maybe it is close to your. Wayne

MilitaryRestoration

Thank You for links too... it's more like the tan one in the lube trailer pictures

ok i've tracked the tm # down but cannot get into LOGSA anyone have any suggestions or can take time to upload to SS and also any other sources to open it. here is the tm number

TM-5-4930-218-14

Last edited:

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got 3 of those in Albany. Dandy units. Standard mil batts work. Mine came with sealed batteries. Never been activated. Added a gallon of battery acid from NAPA; they work like a champ. Only problem I have on two of them is: the fuel doesn't want to pump up to the carb. On one of them, it worked fine for a couple hours, then quit drawing the fuel. Fuel line is clear plastic, so it's easy to see. Does anyone know if there is some type of mechanical fuel pump?? Found the Operator manual for this unit in SS TM's but not the one covering the fuel system maintenance.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks