• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie from Frankfurt/Germany says "Hi!"

Hypnotoad

Hello everyone,

I just want to to quickly introduce myself.

My name is David. I live near Frankfurt/Germany and finally did it. After almost 10 years, I sold my '67 Mustang and decided to go for the other vehicle of my childhood dreams. Since last year October I finally drive my own M998. I got it as '86 two-man truck and already converted to 4-man setup for family camping trips. I still got a little work to do but I probably enjoy the wrenching even more than the driving. Since I'm a litle bit into 3D-Printing I'm also thankful for any ideas for Humvee related models but I will probably just start a separate thread sooner or later for that.

I bought it from private hands near Kaiserslautern and am constantly sucking up all knowledge I can about it. I finally registered here for the same reason. I can't say how many endless nights I browsed this forum...many thanks for all the people here making this such a valuable resource.

I'm looking forward to any exchange and hope to maybe even find some like-minded people in Germany as well.

I guess that's it for now.

Best regards from Germany!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hello everyone,

I just want to to quickly introduce myself.

My name is David. I live near Frankfurt/Germany and finally did it. After almost 10 years, I sold my '67 Mustang and decided to go for the other vehicle of my childhood dreams. Since last year October I finally drive my own M998. I got it as '86 two-man truck and already converted to 4-man setup for family camping trips. I still got a little work to do but I probably enjoy the wrenching even more than the driving. Since I'm a litle bit into 3D-Printing I'm also thankful for any ideas for Humvee related models but I will probably just start a separate thread sooner or later for that.

I bought it from private hands near Kaiserslautern and am constantly sucking up all knowledge I can about it. I finally registered here for the same reason. I can't say how many endless nights I browsed this forum...many thanks for all the people here making this such a valuable resource.

I'm looking forward to any exchange and hope to maybe even find some like-minded people in Germany as well.

I guess that's it for now.

Best regards from Germany!
Welcome to the group Hypnotoad (David)!

Living the dream... Lots of fun for sure. There are quite a few of our members in Germany.
Be sure to post some pictures of your new toy for everyone to admire!

Tim

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Welcome to the Forum!

Do some searches on things that will interest you straight away. Maintenance, lubrication manuals, and maybe some electrical knowledge is very helpful.

Find what you need and download, print away your troubles. [thumbzup]

Willkommen an Bord!

Hypnotoad

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Here are the pictures for you:

I know the rooftop tent looks a little goofy but I had it before the Humvee already...it actually is the reason I finally decided to buy the Humvee.

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Here are the pictures for you:

I know the rooftop tent looks a little goofy but I had it before the Humvee already...it actually is the reason I finally decided to buy the Humvee.
Nice!
That will keep you entertained for a while :cool:
One more time - especially with some pictures to admire - Welcome to the outfit!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hi David,

Why don't you post your pictures under the MV of the Month?
Link Below:

Sometimes there are shiny pretty new looking trucks.
Other times not so much, but it would be a good way to get some exposure to you and your truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks