• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie from Quebec, Canada

oboyjohn

Hello everyone! After doing 27 years in the Canadian Forces Reserves as a mechanic, I took my retirement last year. Since then, I have been toying with the idea of restoring a steel soldier. I came close this summer of scoring a 1944 MB jeep, but it went before I could come up with the money. Oh well, next time. I have 2 questions: Are there many Canadians here on the site and second, Are there other Canadian military vehicle clubs besides the Ontario military vehicle association? I have gone to a few shows organized by them and they were great. :smile: I would just like to get the feel of whats out there.

Thanks for your time and you have a great site!

oboyjohn

Hi 11Echo. Thanks for the welcome and for the videos. I worked on those MLVW's my entire career and seeing it off roading like that brings back some fond and not so fond memories!

Cheers!

eaw46

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are a few of us in the Great White North and there is a club in BC but not much else orginized up here. I belong to a ND club as there just is nothing here. Good luck in whatever you choose to restore it would be nice to have your knowlage around here to draw on. Eddy

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome and Thank You for serving.

Once I bit into the green I found local support through the MVPA. They hold a weekly meeting which justifies and encourages green iron on the street on a regular basis. Here's an MVPA international link.

http://www.mvpa.org/home/local-clubs/find-an-affiliate/#TOP

There is a pile of green iron on the right side of the country but not all collectors are MVPA or SS members. I met a surprising number of gents who own fleets but really don't advertise the gear or frequent the internet.

You'll find once you need a specialized part or some good info, MV lovers and especially the boys on SS will go out of their way to help you get a piece of green steel on the road.

Go shopping man but remember, the jeep needs a deuce then you need an airplane and a tank, then you need a truck and trailer to pull the tank and a half track would be nice with a WW11 Harley then you need a Canadian theme so get an iltis but the M35 is faster then the M135 so you need one of those, then Eddie gets a cannon to pull behind the Deuce so you need a cannon bigger then Eddies .................

Attachments

seano11

Welcome and Thank You for serving.

Once I bit into the green I found local support through the MVPA. They hold a weekly meeting which justifies and encourages green iron on the street on a regular basis. Here's an MVPA international link.

http://www.mvpa.org/home/local-clubs/find-an-affiliate/#TOP

There is a pile of green iron on the right side of the country but not all collectors are MVPA or SS members. I met a surprising number of gents who own fleets but really don't advertise the gear or frequent the internet.

You'll find once you need a specialized part or some good info, MV lovers and especially the boys on SS will go out of their way to help you get a piece of green steel on the road.

Go shopping man but remember, the jeep needs a deuce then you need an airplane and a tank, then you need a truck and trailer to pull the tank and a half track would be nice with a WW11 Harley then you need a Canadian theme so get an iltis but the M35 is faster then the M135 so you need one of those, then Eddie gets a cannon to pull behind the Deuce so you need a cannon bigger then Eddies .................
Then ya get a young pup like me seeing eddies collection and well ya got a nightmare for some poor girl lol. Welcome aboard hope ya have deep pockets

oboyjohn

Hi guys! Thanks for all the tips! I have heard that the " green steel fever " can be contagious and there is no cure. I promise that I will try to be reasonable and start small ( MB, M38, Iltis ) but some of the big stuff I work on for my civy job ( Leopards 1 & 2 , Lav3's and the new Mercedes Actros AHSVS ) would be really tempting but require winning the 6/49 and a work space the size of an airplane hangar!! Cheers!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks