• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No brakes

DanJ

I have been reading alot of the post here looking for one that was the same as my problem but no luck. I have no brakes the pedal goes to the floor, resevoir full, no leaks and full air pressure. Any help would be great.

Thanks

cbvet

If you're sure the linkage is connected, I really think you need to bleed the brakes. Either using a pressure bleeder, or the old pump-it-up & hold-it-down method.
With pressure in the bleeder or the pedal pumped & held to the floor, you should get fluid out of the bleeders. As the fluid goes down in the master cylinder, refill it before it goes empty. Once you've gone through some fluid, air should start coming out too. Anytime air has come out, you should get a little more "pedal".
Even with a really bad master cylinder, you ought to get some results.
You don't need air pressure to bleed the brakes.
Eric
CBVET

davidkroberts

master cylinder..... or at least it was with mine. had the exact same problem. i even had backpressure on the brake petal like it was just severly out of adjustment but no dice. it was the master cylinder

ems4ty

Same here. Both our M35's and my M105 Trailer all had little to no fluid in the MC when I got them. Poured in new fluid and pressure bled them. All 3 now work awesome. Give that a try first. Be sure to use DOT 5 Silicone Brake Fluid (The Purple Stuff.) BTW - once you get some fluid in it, when you step on the pedal and then release it, do you hear a hissing sound from the air pack? Just curious.

Cya!

DanJ

Yes I'am in Howell typo on the 52 its a 1969 M51 with cover. That was this past winter with one of the many snow falls. The 818 will soon be a M817 as the brakes get fixed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks