• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No Rear Taillights or Brake lights

DanM7890

Working on my buddies M998 and he just switched over to all LED lights and they have been working find for a couple months now. All of a sudden he lost all rear lights and the brake light doesn't come on either. The side marker lights in the rear work fine though.

We have tried a new light switch and a turn signal lever. Any thoughts?

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check the trailer plug to see if you have power there.

B pin- LS service drive turn and stop

E pin- Service drive tail

J pin- RS service drive turn and stop

Last edited:

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check the ground strap that should be between the 2 mounting bolts on the light bucket, and check that the ground wire 95B are making good contact.

DanM7890

He has LED tails so he has it setup with the ground wire from the light coming out and bolted on the same side as the wire that's already bolted to that strap. Says it's been working for a while and it just stopped. I told him to unbolt it and check to make sure there's a good connection. He said it looks good.

DanM7890

Went through and check all his connections and measured voltage and we have voltage now. Lights still aren't working so I'm assuming they need replaced. Crazy to think these expensive lights dont last. They both went at the same time.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would remove them and verify they dont work. LED's should out last us. I would use a battery charger and hook them to it to verify. Make sure polarity is correct, LED's wont work with polarity reversed.

Another thing, verify the LED's are multi volt, or 24v. 12v LED's will work for a little while on 24v, but not long.

DanM7890

We just put in the old light and it works fine. Both LED tails have that burnt smell so they're done. These were purchased with the statement that they were 10-34vdc like it says on the back. I did a voltage test on the lead and it says 24vdc. Any other ideas why these went out?

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would contact the seller, or manufacturer. If it has a sticker on the back that is multivoltage they should last a very long time.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've had 3 different brands [ used ] LED's and found some of them did not fully work.
The early truck-lite's that have all wires numbers with white decals mostly did not work.
The later ones with colored wire number decals worked fine.
90+ % of Grote and Riverside brand worked fine.
All are multi-volt lights.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks