• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No right side low beam

infidel got me

I'm putting the finishing touches on the 923 after painting. Had a little free time today, so I figured I would install my headlights. Easy enough-- well not really. So, this is what we are working with. 7 inch glass lenses w/ hella 24v bulbs. Drivers side works fine, passenger side has no low beam. I have no voltage/power on # 17 wire on passenger side. Took driver side bulkhead connector loose and checked continuity between #17 at pass.headlight and bulkhead connector--have continuity, also cleaned grounds. So, my problem is from the headlight switch out. I did look at switch wiring diagram and it was kind of vague. Keep in mind that everything else is working correctly--just no power on#17.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check continuity between #17 and #91 terminals on the bulb to verify the bulb is good.

Wire #17 and #18 start at the dimmer switch and are split between the two lights. #17 is split for the low beams and #18 is split for the high beams. They don't go all the way back to the 3 way switch. Wire #16 connects the dimmer to the 3 way switch. If the bulb checks good then the problem has to be between from the split in #17 and the bulb if one light is working

Pull #17 from the dimmer switch and the passenger side bulb connector inside the bucket and check continuity between the ends.

Screenshot_2016-05-09-22-01-28.jpg

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
See my edit above for clarity.

You should also have continuity between #17 on the driver side and #17 on the passenger side since they split from one wire. If your bulb checks good then I'd check this first. No need going all the way to the dimmer switch if one light is working.

infidel got me

I checked it out this afternoon and I have power after bulkhead connector, but not at headlight. So-- I will just coverlay a new wire over to the headlight. I'm not pulling all that harness apart! Thanks Andy and Swamp donkey for the help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks