• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No throttle response PSB6A-90EH-5337A

Recently I installed a re-man IP assembly following knowledgeable advice from some of you guys and of course the TM instructions . Truck ran great for about 600 miles then I started to notice a power issue. I attributed it to the FDC that I have not had time to bypass given the weather. Not to bad but noticeable on hills I just would grit my teeth downshift and putter up the hill. Anyways last night I noticed an increase in power it was running like it did before the power loss issue. Then this AM on my way to work still running strong but the throttle got stuck. I was able to get it unstuck by tapping the pedal. Anyways checked the return spring and it had not fallen off and the linkage was free of anything for it to jam or hang on. Got back in the truck fired it up and took off. Throttle stuck again a few more times and I was able to tap the pedal or shift and it would return. Pulled up to a light almost to work and no throttle response when pressing on the pedal. Truck idles great and starts right up but only idles. I am currently reading the Pump, Fuel, Metering and Distributing assembly TM. The pump has not been opened or adjusted since I received it from reputable dealer until today. I took off the FDC to look at the governor assembly. Truck idles very strong as I was able to idle it in gear to safe area for wrecker to get me. Truck still starts and idles strong here at the house.

I have done the below so far.
-Took off intake hose and checked turbo for sticking or endplay. Visually inspected turbo operation with engine running.
-Checked free travel on fuel shutoff under the cover, It moves freely and returns to proper resting position.
-Checked in tank pump for operation, It is operating.
-Changed all three fuel filters and verified fuel flow from lift pump.
-Bypassed the FDC
-Removed the FDC from the pump to check innards. Everything seems in order from what I could tell no obvious broken parts everything seemed to travel freely and appears well oiled and no metal or shavings.

Im going to guess given truck starts and idles very well. Fuel pressure and air intake are sufficient and something broke in the rear portion of the pump? Any input would be awesome. I am hoping someone has had this exact same thing happen and can point me in the proper direction.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you say no throttle response when pressing on the pedal, do you mean that the pedal can be depressed and you get no throttle response, or that you cannot depress the pedal? The pivot pin on one of my deuces' accelerator pedal corroded and the pedal froze. I actually had to replace the pedal with an NOS one. If the pedal cannot be depressed, check out the pedal itself.

davidb56

After verifying proper fuel pressure to the IP, I would have removed the throttle linkage off the IP and manually operated it front the IP itself to see if it would respond. If not, then it would go back to the rebuilder. Bypassing the FDC likely voided your warranty.

When you say no throttle response when pressing on the pedal, do you mean that the pedal can be depressed and you get no throttle response, or that you cannot depress the pedal? The pivot pin on one of my deuces' accelerator pedal corroded and the pedal froze. I actually had to replace the pedal with an NOS one. If the pedal cannot be depressed, check out the pedal itself.
When I depress the pedal I have no acceleration. Niether the pedal or linkage are stuck. It all operates freely.

After verifying proper fuel pressure to the IP, I would have removed the throttle linkage off the IP and manually operated it front the IP itself to see if it would respond. If not, then it would go back to the rebuilder. Bypassing the FDC likely voided your warranty.
I have yet to verify fuel pressure. My next step was to remove the side cover and see if I can manually operate it. I'm not too concerned with the warranty. I purchased the truck custom and this is the second pump. First the one on it had a cracked hydraulic head and now after all the work installing. The warranty pump I was sent is an issue. Worst case I send the pump to my rebuilder I use with my employer. That way I can rest assured the pump is properly gone through worn components replaced and bench tested.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks