• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Noob greetings from central Florida

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wildwood specifically. Been lurking and reading up on things but TLDR we're moving to rural life and I've been stocking up on plenty of govt surplus for the farm. Just bought an LMTV and will be tinkering aplenty.
Welcome from North Carolina!

There are several members in Florida who have been around the block a time or two.
Advise and Council is generally offered freely around here. ;-)

Be sure to post up some pictures of your new toy so the crew here can admire...
Create yourself a thread to watch your truck as it chews on your wallet. (had to say that - and it even made me laugh!)

derpschitz

Welcome from North Carolina!

There are several members in Florida who have been around the block a time or two.
Advise and Council is generally offered freely around here. ;-)

Be sure to post up some pictures of your new toy so the crew here can admire...
Create yourself a thread to watch your truck as it chews on your wallet. (had to say that - and it even made me laugh!)
62656b05-c84e-4b66-8584-25944c5462fc.jpg
I haven't gone to get it yet, the bureaucracy is still sitting on the egg. Some day the papers will hatch.

In the meantime here is another ridiculous photo:
image0-1.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Love it!

Everyone is hard at work on your papers in the picture below.
OR maybe the guy in charge of paperwork may be on vacation...

Hatching Paperwork.jpg

You have to smile to keep from choking anybody. Strange world where you buy it, pay for it, then wait for months to see if you are approved. Seems like the establishment could have an EXPRESS option where anyone could file for approval as a qualified human in advance of the purchase.

Sad part is that some folks who have made multiple purchases still languish for months awaiting approval on second purchases.

ANYWAY, welcome and I hope you get approved soon!

fasttruck

Waited 3 months for a title for a trailer I had to pay for immediately. Covid they said. With the LMTV don't make a move without the pubs: operators manual, organizational maintenance manual and parts book lubrication order. They should be available in the TM section on this site. You have no idea how much government equipment has ben destroyed through the years by untrained personnel attempting to repair it with unauthorized tools and parts.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep welcome from Interlachen. Most definitely TM's is are friend but there are some thing you need to check before you drive it to far. There are threads about some things we need to jump on first. Hubs set up / oil plus drive line balance / out of phase. Some brackets that needs to be checked. If it is a Cat 3116 governor oil steel feed line just to name a few. Not checking the things that have been listed by other members in other threads will cost you more than the truck did. Bottom line read lots of threads on the FMTV's

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks