• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Nooby to site, voltage regulator issue

DawGoneIt

I manage a salmon hatchery and have 2 M1008 Chevys for feed truck and snow plow duty vehicles. Both are non-modified 24 volt system vehicles. The problem (limit this to one here) is on one truck the voltage spikes after starting it, and one employee failed to note one of the batteries started to boil over.

Anyone here run into this kind of problem? Is this limited to the voltage regulator? And if so, does anyone have a part number for it? I will be posting another question in a different thread regarding a charging issue in the other truck.

Thanks ahead of time for any assistance.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site.

Visit www.jatonkam35s.com and download all the FREE technical manuals for the CUCV trucks.

The alternators are GM 27si Type 100 alternators that have a special "isolated ground". This allows them to be used in a 24v setup.

The TM 9-2320-289-34 techncal manual has a step by step procedure to disassemble, test and rebuild the units. Make sure that you install ALL the fiber washers back to thier original location or you will see some fireworks.

Here are a couple of places that I have used for the alternator parts.

You can just replace the voltage regulator, or all of the internal electrical components.

http://www.aspwholesale.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=1650

Alternator & Starter Parts Wholesale - Repair Kits - High Output Alternators - DELCO 27SI HEAVY DUTY REPAIR KIT

www.cucvelectric.com

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks