• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

North American T-28 Trojan

BigJay

Figure I'll help out with this forum a little....

I've been flying R/C aircraft for about 3 years. Started with helicopters (yes, backwards, should start with fixed wing) but recently I've become interested in airplanes. I'm starting with cheap foam models as I expect I will destroy a few before I get good enough to get a nice plane. But I do enjoy a nice scale looking plane. I started with a Cessna 210, then moved to a Piper Cub. Both were 3 channel planes (Meaning no ailerons).

Last week I picked up this T-28 to be my first 4 channel plane. I should maiden her sometime this week, just need to wait for a day with low wind.

To answer some basic questions that I hear at the park....
It is electric.
It will fly further than my eyes can see it.
It should fly about 15 minutes on one battery.
A battery takes an hour to charge.
It cost about $200.
Wingspan is 44"
It should go 20-40mph.
It's not ideal as a first plane, but people I've talked to said it flies good.

Wiki on the T-28: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-28_Trojan

Link to the manufacturer's site: http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=PKZ4475

-Jay

Attachments

Banshee365

Cool to see someone else in the r/c hobby on this forum. I've been flying r/c for 16 years (23 now) and giant scale aerobatics for about 5 now. I compete in the Unlimited class in IMAC and dabble a bit in helicopters when I've got some spare cash. Hoping to get a new 42% Extra 300 on the board for this years competition season when I can get up enough money to gather up some parts. Good luck with the Trojan.

-Kelly

1958 M274

I don't know anything about remote control aircraft, but I'm looking forward to hopefully getting a ride in this one sometime this year. It is a beautiful aircraft! The owner, a long time friend of my parents, spent about 18 years restoring it. It makes our work on vehicles look simple. My Dad was a radial engine mechanic in the Navy, and it's something to watch him work on that 1820 cubic inch 1425 HP engine.

Attachments

co_rotorhead

The Navy trainer in the photo is from my old - very old - training squadron VT-6 the "Do'er Birds" - what a great airplane...can you say "torque roll"? Lots of rudder on take off!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks