KS NOS Slave Plugs, and Extreme Duty Jumper Cables

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This set is 15'. Made from flexible copper 2/0 welding cable and 1000 amp clamps. 2/0 is the same gauge as issue slave cables. I'm currently carrying them around in the HMMWV.

This is the last of my red cable, but I have plenty of black on hand in 2/0, 3/0, and 4/0 and will be happy to make a set to your specifications.

*SOLD*

Attachments

Last edited:

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I brought all remaining sets to TX this trip. Sold a set and the buyer wanted to compare them side by side to make a selection.

Edit to add pics of the 4/0 cables. ***sold***

Attachments

Last edited:

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Edit - I listed one of the slave plugs on ebay with a $33 opening bid and no reserve!

NOS Slave Plugs, Manufacturers are Gateway Cable Company and AB Connectors. New, never used. Removed from accessory power cables. These are the good ones with the external nuts and 500amp rating. $80 each or $150/pair

2/0 Flexible Copper Welding Cable, new still on the spool - $3/ft

4/0 Flexible Copper Welding Cable, new still on the spool- $5/ft

800amp Clamps - $25/pair

I'm willing to assemble cables for you, the length of your choice. You can do clamps on one end and slave plug on the other. Priced at the cost of the components, add $10 to cover copper lugs and heat shrink.

Attachments

Last edited:

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
17' jumper cables with 800amp clamps. The cable they're made from isn't new, but doesn't have any major nicks or scrapes. The ends have 5/16" lugs hydraulically crimped and sealed with heat shrink. - $150, shipped free. ***SOLD***

Attachments

Last edited:

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A pair of slave plugs with SB350 connectors. $220.

Anderson connector on a short run of 1/0 or 2/0 cable, with 3/8" lugs. Available with SB350 or SB175 Anderson connector. This gets you an Anderson connector in the battery box or under the hood. Can be wired 12v or 24v. Can be mounted to nearly any vehicle, not just MVs. Similar in concept to a slave port. $50.

Jumper cables. 1/0 welding cable, 800amp clamps on one end,SB175 Anderson connector on the other end. Compatible with the SB175 above. $140 ***SOLD***

Some pictures of clamps and slave plugs on Anderson connectors, completed for a customer. I'll be happy to make some identical for you-

Edit to add- 18' red and black slave cables made from 2/0 pure copper welding cable. Gateway Cable Company slave plugs, NOS. These are some of the nicest ones I've made. - $320 Shipped CONUS.

Attachments

Last edited:

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jumper Cables from #1 AWG copper cable. 800 amp clamps. For use with heavy equipment or military vehicles. 6-600V.

The clamps are rated 800amps.

The cable is highly flexible fine stranded pure copper welding cable. Copper is vastly superior to aluminum, both in terms of ampacity and in thermal stability. The cable these were made from was unused, taken off a new reel. These are 16 feet long.

The anderson connector is hydraulically crimped with heatshrink applied. Although Anderson rates these at 175amps, their rating is intended for a sustained load such as powering a forklift. For an intermittent load like starting, the connector is easily capable of loads well over 1000amps. The connector will easily carry more than the cabling, and the cabling is heavy duty welding cable. You won't overload it, even if you're cranking a dead D8 from a running HEMTT.

These are better than anything available commercially, with the exception of polarwire cables, which are equivalent and twice the cost.

You'll need an Anderson port on one of the vehicles. I have included one with these cables. It's also an Anderson SB175 connector, with ten inches of cable attached, terminating in 5/16" lugs. The idea is that this bolts to your battery terminals, and serves as a permanent power port on the vehicle. Some battery connections are 3/8". If yours is one of these, you'll need to drill the 5/16" lugs to 3/8" , which is pretty trivial seeing as these are made from soft copper. The military battery post connectors are 5/16" on one end and 3/8" on the other.

$200 shipped CONUS.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
15' red and black jumper cables made from #1AWG fine stranded copper welding cable. Clamps on both ends. These are the nicest clamps I can find, with a nice braided copper strap connecting the jaws so that both sides are energized and you don't have current trying to jump a pivot point. The lugs are hydraulically crimped and then heat shrink applied. $180 shipped CONUS. Also available in an 11' length for $150. **SOLD** I'm out of #1AWG cable.

25' red and black, made from #2AWG, clamps on both ends. $185 shipped CONUS. I can make these either 11' or 14' and alter price proportionately.

A pair of slave plugs with SB350 Anderson Connectors. - $210

Attachments

Last edited:

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Two "jump anything" kits.

The first one is all black cable, with red Anderson SB350 connectors. The primary run of cable is 2/0 and is just over 15' with the slave plugs on. A bit longer than that with the clamps connected. The clamps have short runs of #1AWG with Anderson SB350 connectors on the distal end.

The 2nd one is red and black cable, 1/0 as the primary backbone, and is just over 17' with the slave plugs connected. A bit longer than that with the clamps. These clamps have a short run of #1AWG and grey Anderson SB350 connectors. **SOLD**

Your choice, $525 each shipped CONUS.

Attachments

Last edited:

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The latest iteration of the "jump anything"kit..

~14' of 2/0 backbone cable with an Anderson SB350 on each end.

Two pairs of clamps with short runs of #1AWG cable terminating with Anderson SB350 connectors.

Two slave plugs with 7.5' of 2/0 cable and Anderson SB350 connectors on the distal end.

What this does: connect the slave plugs to each other and you have a 15' set of slave cables. 15' is sufficient for most circumstances, and is easier to handle than longer ones. If you find yourself in a position needing more reach, put the backbone in the middle and you have 29' of reach.

Put the clamp sets on the backbone and you have a ~16' set of conventional jumper cables, except these have far more ampacity than anything commercially available.

You can put clamps on one end and a slave plug on the other. This allows you to connect your 24V civilian heavy equipment to your military vehicle. (It would also allow you to mistakenly connect your 12V vehicle to your MV. THIS SHOULD NEVER BE DONE. SEVERE DAMAGE WOULD BE LIKELY.)

The Anderson Connectors connect to each other, and only connect one way. The only thing you can connect backwards on these is the clamps, and they're pretty straightforward...

EDIT - Now includes OD canvas carry bag.

$575 shipped.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks