• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Not a 1009 buy here's some mistakes

Bigbondo007

So I found this for my gf. Already had a lift installed and 36's. PO had extended driveshafts fabbed up, dropped t-case, canted lift blocks. With that being said... The truck was set up for 6-8 inches of lift, yet he installed a 4" front spring and rear block setup. Front shaft only has 1/2" of inward travel left, rear shaft has 1" of inward travel, rear shaft angle is wrong as well. PO liked to play as well, jumped the truck and got all 4 tires into the fender skirts (took half a day to fix). The extension housing top bolt castings were busted and the plug popped out of the rear slip yoke. Even though he set up the suspension for 6-8" he failed to drop the sway bar and put a dropped steering link on the truck in lieu of a cross-over conversion. At least he re-geared to 4.88s. I'm still trying to figure out what direction he was going. Rant over.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Garagefull

You’ll probably be all right on the front driveshaft. With the shackles in the rear, the driveshaft gets longer when the springs are compressed.

Garagefull

I don’t know how the previous owner even got the sway bar back on. I have to drop brackets but I don’t think they’re going to be enough

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks