• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Note on windshield

Onestar

So this morning I went out to my truck to go to work and there was a note under the windshield wiper. Somebody left there name, number and some info about wanting my M1009 in a movie. I called the number and got some info, he is the writer and is going to get with the producer about using it. Just thought I would give you guys a heads up, it surprised me.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
One of my deuces was in a movie (low budget). I drove it and my son was an extra.

Get your money up front and make sure they sign a contract that covers any damage they cause.

Don't let anyone else drive it (unless you know and trust them).

det rebel

yea that will be good to get if anyone wanted to barrow it and if they borrowed my deuce they would say " please move the zombie killing truck out of the way before someone runs into the cow catcher and gets hurt" rofl

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unless the movie House is a major MAJOR movie house, the insurance contracts they have are generally worthless if something bad happens to your truck. Be careful........

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's your truck, if you get enough money up front let them paint it, drive it, crush it, shred it or blow it to bits.

If not, don't do it.

135gmc

Just remember, any military truck in a movie is expected to run into trees, through buildings, and drive 40 MPH through a forest. You would need an agent to be sure that the contract covers you, and a separate insurance policy might also be a good idea. The simplest solution might be to sell them a truck that they can blow up / etc. They don't need a restored truck - all they need is something just this side of a parts truck. Be careful -

PsycoBob

If they need a stunt-truck, rent (at sales price) a forklift-mobilized trick with that nifty custom bananna driveshaft mod... Then take it home & part out what's left. :whistle:

Hasdrubal

I wouldn't concern myself with all this agent and contract fear mongering. Its been my experience, working 10 years with military picture cars in the movie industry that any damage is well taken care of and paid for fully and promptly.

That includes extremes such using a duece to ram another stationary duece off a runway, repeatedly. Supplied a bill with all parts and prices..received a cheque. Or having an armorer stand on a Humvee fibreglass hood to instruct an actor on 50 cal operation. Even after he was told to stayoff. There were some visible cracks so they paid for a new hood.

Very little call for CUCV's these days apart from ambulances, its all Humvees now. You should get about 250 - 500 per day depending on the production.

Last edited:

Onestar

I contacted the guy, supposedly it will be about 20 mph on a gravel road. When a road block is seen they will then proceed off into a field. Continuing at about 15 mph. Kind of a when the world ends scenario, I told the guy that it couldn't leave my sight the whole time. He assured me it wouldn't and that I could see the terrain before committing to anything. I will have a friend go with me and we will examine the area, terrain before I commit to anything. The gentleman looking to rent it told me to name a price, in doing research it seems about $400 per day is about the going price and he is interested in half a day. Im thinking diesel to get there and back because its about an hour away. Still trying to figure out a decent amount to charge.

caliber1

Make it worth your while, add wear and tear, fuel, your time, etc.....just sayin. Diesel went up 9 cents a gallon here yesterday, make sure you allow for how many takes they want to make too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks