• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NY-PENN MVCC Annual Picnic in Central NY, 27 July, 2013

LanceRobson

The NY-PENN Military Vehicle Collectors Club will be having it's annual picnic at our farm outside Auburn, NY at 1 PM on 27 July, 2013.

The meal will be catered roast chicken and pit smoked BBQ ribs with sides etc. Soft drinks provided, otherwise, bring your own cheer but remember this is a family event.

All MVs welcome. Early arrivals, late departures and overnight stays (in RVs, your tent, our tent, MVs etc) welcome. Weather permitting, there will be a bonfire that night.

All tracked vehicles must stay on the shop floors or driveways....(don't ask)

Door prizes, awards for oldest and youngest members, farthest traveled, lightest and heaviest vehicle (sorry, tanks excluded), oldest and youngest vehicles, ladies choice etc.

Heck, if it keeps raining the way it has been maybe we'll take Tanklady's DUKW and JimK's Stalwart and V100 swimming in a bean field. :???: And yes, Tanklady's M41A1 will be here and there will likely be other armor. :tank:

Bring your own chair and a sense of humor.

Reply to the thread or PM me for membership info etc. Annual membership is only $20 and members eat free.....

Lance

Last edited:

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lance - I'm glad you are keeping info available on this, I know it's tough for Becky at the moment.
I will try to make it.

Also, do you have any details on the Bouckville car show, end of June - new this year, I saw Lorna this weekend and apparently they are looking for a military showing too.

Thanks.

LanceRobson

zebedee, the Bouckville show info is in the newsletter along with the info for the Military and Veteran's Appreciation Event (in conjunction with the Sahlen's Six Hours of of the Glen) at Watkins Glen International Speedway and the info for the airshow in Cortland for which they are seeking MVs to park amongst the military aircraft display. There are some other events listed too.

The newsletter, picnic flyer etc all go out tomorrow. To be sure we hit all the members it is going both snail mail and by email....

Admission to MV drivers is free at Watkins Glen and Cortland.

For any currently serving military or veteran SSers here is an excerpt for the Glen event on June 30. PM me for contact info....

"All veterans and active military and their families are welcome to participate in the day's activities; please bring ID (active military ID, Veteran's ID Card, Veteran's Organization ID Card - American Legion, VFW, VVA, DAV, etc - DD214, or other) for free food, door prizes, kids' activities and more. Free seating in the Seneca Bleachers is available to you and your family.

This is a day-long event offering a wide variety of outreach services to veterans and active military and their families including health services, mental health services, employment and education opportunities, and more.

All individuals - military and non-military - are welcome to participate in the non-judged car corral. Drive and navigator will get access to the Seneca Bleacher, as well. Military vehicles are particularly needed and welcome."

wheelspinner, your picnic info was sent by PM a few minutes ago. Call me with any questions please.

Lance

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks