• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Odd shifter issue.

FrankenCub

I changed the transmission in my 1008 and now can't shift into park with the shift lever. Could the C shaped bracket on the transmission have the slotted hole clocked different? I didn't think yo use the one off my old transmission and already scrapped it. This tranny came out of a 3/4 ton Chevy.

Curtisje

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think it is 'clocked' different but there should be a set screw on the linkage that allows you to adjust it.

FrankenCub

It's number 9795470 in the parts manual.
The linkage wasn't taken apart other than removing it from that c shaped bracket. It doesn't appear that there's going to be enough adjustment to account for the difference.
I kinda wonder if the slot where it bolts to the shifter shaft going into the tranny is set different.

Curtisje

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's number 9795470 in the parts manual.
The linkage wasn't taken apart other than removing it from that c shaped bracket. It doesn't appear that there's going to be enough adjustment to account for the difference.
I kinda wonder if the slot where it bolts to the shifter shaft going into the tranny is set different.
All I know to do is loosen this bolt, adjust and retighten. It doesn't need to adjust much to make a difference.

Attachments

FrankenCub

Damn... That sucks.
Yup lol. Was coming up the hill almost home and noticed smoke pouring out the back. Opened the hood when I got home and the top of the air filter has about 1/4 tranny fluid sitting in the dip.
On a better note, I crawled under the truck a few minutes ago to look closer at the linkage and sure enough I got enough adjustment out of it to get park again. Still don't understand what is different since the original tranny, but it taken care of anyway.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks