• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2022 Denton Military rally thread, April 23rd-24th

TacMac2012

Figured it was about time to start a thread, who's coming, what are you bringing, parts for sale, etc?

I personally have a couple new additions to bring, this year I will have my MTVR with a matching MTVR trailer, so nothing special there. What I am excited about bringing is my new to me Harley Davidson. Just got it running good yesterday but have not taken it on a test ride yet because of the snow/ice. This was a stroke of luck find on FB marketplace, and was less than an hour away from me. Very rare 1999 MT500 (less than 500 made). Has 9k miles on it already so luckily not something I will be afraid to ride.

Screenshot_20220109-131922.png

art

1642892078144.jpeg
I had a great time last year!
Looking forward to the show and seeing everyone again.

Last edited:

TheOrigin

I will be looking for some parts for my project truck and hope to have it drivable by then to take to the show.

I need a m1009 fuel tank skid plate and possibly an M1008 type rear bumper of I don't end up building my own similar unit from a civilian bumper I have. Maybe some other small items, will post stuff as I think of it or just find it there.

Last edited by a moderator:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Just starting a thread on this show. I will be looking for some parts for my project truck and hope to have it drivable by then to take to the show.

I need a m1009 fuel tank skid plate and possibly an M1008 type rear bumper of I don't end up building my own similar unit from a civilian bumper I have. Maybe some other small items, will post stuff as I think of it or just find it there.
Where in NC are you? I'll need to check with John or Marty to see who owns the CUCV rear bumpers and how much they want for them. Ones I saw were NOS with the packing still attached.

TheOrigin

Where in NC are you? I'll need to check with John or Marty to see who owns the CUCV rear bumpers and how much they want for them. Ones I saw were NOS with the packing still attached.
I live in Aberdeen in Moore County. Not looking to pay a ton of cash for one I see some people asking like $4-600 for bumpers which I think is kind of nuts. I have a really nice civilian bumper on the truck now I can modify but wouldn't mind an original one if the price is fair. Thank you, let me know if you find anything out.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Now all I need is the running truck - with or without bumpers - since you have a source for those :cool:

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone know what the RV power hookup is for the camping area? The area near the MKT and such. I plan to hook up and have power to run the heat/AC this year!

Rhino 5/4

Just starting a thread on this show. I will be looking for some parts for my project truck and hope to have it drivable by then to take to the show.

Too bad your not in Texas. I think there is about 25 or so in all sorts of condition at the farm. If you can blow the picture up look past the 1009 and in the tree line there is about 5 there. Pickups are all gone. Next time I'm out there I'll see how much and might can help a brother out. 20210508_133021.jpg

TheOrigin

Too bad your not in Texas. I think there is about 25 or so in all sorts of condition at the farm. If you can blow the picture up look past the 1009 and in the tree line there is about 5 there. Pickups are all gone. Next time I'm out there I'll see how much and might can help a brother out. View attachment 857690
Thanks man. That is a trip. I have come across some cheap m1009 bumpers locally but really need the step bumper since I plan to use my truck quite a bit. I am probably just going to build my own version of a CUCV rear bumper with 2" reciever tubes in place of the smaller CUCV shackle mounts so I can put anything I want in those locations. I have 2 giant bronze hoist hooks I really want to put in them for some anti tail gater flash.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks