• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oh boy fun starts here can anyone help identify?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
It's some kind of WWII Dodge WC (Weapons Carrier) but they didn't build any closed cab crewcabs to my knowledge. They did build command cars but they were open cab.

diesel dave

The vin #,which is located on the side of the left front frame rail just forward of the axle,can positively identify it. Search of ww2 dodge web sites will tell what vins were assigned to what class of trucks. You can also contact the Chrysler archives and for $35, they will send you a build card for that vin #,containing the build date,engine #ect.

waayfast

Hello and welcome to the madness from the south side of the big river!

That looks like a good start--you have the combat wheels and the north end of the beast looks pretty complete. Hopefully it is a typical Idaho vehicle that is fairly rust free--that right there makes a lot of difference.

I was up in Kooskia this summer and bought a set of M-35 troop seats/racks. Nice guy there, he was on the Kooskia VFD.

Good luck on the build and please show more pics.

Jim

snowtrac nome

I saw an m37 just like that up here the hard top and crew cab was a whitenberg conversion. If they did it with the m37's I would guess they did it with other models.

Sawtoothbiker

Well I got it off the trailer today and soaked the front wheel lugs and “ bead lock” ? Bolts with PB Blaster in prep to put tires on the front with less ventilation next is fill the cylinders with marvel mystery oil and let it set for awhile. Jim I found this in Clearwater about 10 miles from Kooskia. There is no actual rust other than surface rust. I will get the VIN and see where it leads me. Legend says it had an ambulance body on it and was used as such in Dixie ID, any advice on getting the front wheels apart?

715m29

I'd guess it was a wc52 because of the winch. I think it has a extended frame because the wheel base looks a bit long. Or maybe it is an ambulance frame and it has a civilian powerwagon bumper and winch on it. That crew cab is a cool modification. I have a wc52 with a cab similar to that except it is a single cab with sliding doors. That is a interesting WC looks like a fun project.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks