• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Consumption Question

Lonnie

What is a typical amount of oil consumption with the NHC250 engine?

Just trying to figure how many miles per quart to expect in normal usage.
Your experiences are appreciated.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have several Nhc 250s and none burn any oil. The older M813 smokes a little on start up, nature of the beast, oil stay at the full mark.

Lonnie

Good to know... I just figured if the average car uses 1qt ever 2000mi or so, then an engine 4x the size may use it at a somewhat higher rate.

I've only put a about 200mi on mine so far & considering the difference between full & add is measured in gallons, not quarts I did not know what to expect.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good to know... I just figured if the average car uses 1qt ever 2000mi or so, then an engine 4x the size may use it at a somewhat higher rate.

I've only put a about 200mi on mine so far & considering the difference between full & add is measured in gallons, not quarts I did not know what to expect.
I've got 200,000 miles on a 4 cylinder mercury mystique, don't know where you're getting 1 qt every 2000 miles..... Don't think I've needed to add oil between the 7500-10,000 mile oil changes with Amsoil.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks